Do you try to eat at least 1200 calories daily?

Options

Replies

• meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry...I usually try to be positive on these forums but this sounds to me like complete and utter bs.
  • lexoxoc
    lexoxoc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Your body will go into starvation mode, I know all about from being in recovery from anorexia and having spent quite some time in hospitals due to it. Eat to get yourself up to 1200 cals. Don't starve yourself, it won't do you well in the long run!
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I want to know if everyone who calorie counts, do they try to eat a 1200 minimum. I know that they are many days, like today that i just can't eat 1200 calories, even after a long day at the gym. I'm a male, 250 lbs 19 and i've only had 600 calories for the day. I'm a little hungry but not too much. (Only had subway for the day) Do you try to eat the minimum? they say if you dont eat at least 1200 your body will go into starvation mode.

I'm debating on cooking a meal that can = up to 1200 or just eating a snack and being under for the day.

Let me know your suggestions.

Also i try to eat 1 full meal a day, 1 small meal (usually lunch) and 1 snack for the day... the snack i had today was a sugar free jello pack that has only 10 calories. then i had a 6 inch sub from subway (400 calories, 18 grams of fat) and a small bag of baked lays chips. and of course plenty of water, ive also burned about 900 in the gym today.

Do I try? If I didn't I'd pass out on the treadmill and I would lose the majority of my lean muscle.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Do I try? No, I don't need to try. I find it very hard to eat less than 1400-1500 a day. If I had only eaten 600 calories by nighttime I'd be ready to chew on my shoes.

Theybetter be some Loubs lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    No. I eat 1800 a day. I get as close to my calorie goal without going over/under by too much.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Try?

Dude, I'm 43, female and if I don't eat at least 1800 calories a day, I am impossible to be around.

Please eat!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    :huh: I try to eat that much for breakfast.
  • jmarie1967
    jmarie1967 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You should be eating somewhere in the ballpark of 2200 cals/day. Likely higher than that. You're a 19 yr old man. Start eating like one.
    All the comments are true, I hope you listen. I am a 46 yr old 296 lb woman and eat 1500-1600 and am losing nicely. Calorie and nutrient rich foods are your friend!
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    This behavior could very easily become an eating disorder.

I'm twice your age, a female, and I eat around 2000 calories a day.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hi Cameron. Congratulations on the 58 pounds pounds you have lost,great job. Now eat. Listen to all the advice these people have given you and eat. Open up your diary for all to see. And eat.
  • snhudson
    snhudson Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm a 30 yr old female and I've just started to keep track of the calories I consume and I had no idea how few calories I was consuming during the week. I thought I was eating healthy at work but really I was only getting around 800 cal/day and the majority of that was at dinner. Obviously, I realize that is not healthy and now I plan my meals and snacks so that I can reach the 1200 cal/day and not have the majority of them at the end of the day. After only a couple weeks, I noticed a huge change in my energy level, my workouts, and my weight dropped some too. Now, it is a struggle some days not to go too much over, but it's totally worth it to listen to your body. I should have realized a long time ago that my body wasn't happy with me!
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    You're a guy, 1800 calores is minimum for a males. 1200 calories is minimum for females. You sir are starving yourself.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    I want to know if everyone who calorie counts, do they try to eat a 1200 minimum. I know that they are many days, like today that i just can't eat 1200 calories, even after a long day at the gym. I'm a male, 250 lbs 19 and i've only had 600 calories for the day. I'm a little hungry but not too much. (Only had subway for the day) Do you try to eat the minimum? they say if you dont eat at least 1200 your body will go into starvation mode.

I'm debating on cooking a meal that can = up to 1200 or just eating a snack and being under for the day.

Let me know your suggestions.

Also i try to eat 1 full meal a day, 1 small meal (usually lunch) and 1 snack for the day... the snack i had today was a sugar free jello pack that has only 10 calories. then i had a 6 inch sub from subway (400 calories, 18 grams of fat) and a small bag of baked lays chips. and of course plenty of water, ive also burned about 900 in the gym today.

My suggestion would be that you need to eat more. Netting 600 calories a day is NOT healthy. Period. Especially for a 19 year old 250lb male.

PLEASE EAT MORE.

**This. I eat around 1600 calories on workout days to lose weight and I'm a 44 year old woman. Please try and eat more. I know we have days when we aren't hungry and one day won't hurt but please don't consistently eat under 1200 calories. You actually don't need to eat under 1500 calories.
  • BeverlyHillsCop
    BeverlyHillsCop Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" 175 and I wouldn't dream of eating less than 2200 calories a day.
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Dude, just going to say right now, if you keep netting 600 calories you are going to eventually burn yourself out. I eat 2,400 a day. I did the whole "net 600 calories thing" and it's just not worth it. Eat more, lift weights, be happy.
  • BeverlyHillsCop
    BeverlyHillsCop Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Do I try? No, I don't need to try. I find it very hard to eat less than 1400-1500 a day. If I had only eaten 600 calories by nighttime I'd be ready to chew on my shoes.

Personally, I would go with toenails before shoes...
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    It's just so sad that people are hurting they're bodies!! :cry:

PLEASE EAT!!!!!!
  • jdayer
    jdayer Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You ate 600 calories and burned 900 calories so you have a negative net 300 calories for the day. Thats not much.

If you watch primates they eat, sit around and then do some short activity and then sit and eat and do some short activity. Our bodies are probably evolved to do the same thing.

The idea of working all day at agriculture or building stuff or whatever is only about 10-15 thousand years old, not long enough for our bodies to have evolved or adapted to handle that kind of life. So we are probably supposed to sit around and eat and then jump up and do some activity and then repeat all day to make our bodies work properly.

Our digestive systems have adapted to eating several times a day so the chemical factory that is our body doesn't work well unless we feed it several times a day. Granted most people feed it too much stuff and the wrong stuff at that. We should be acting like Chimpanzees, eating fruits, berries, tree bark and the occasional raw monkey.

However, if raw monkey doesn't appeal a Sub way Sandwich is fine. Cut it up into thirds or fourths and do what primates do, sit around, eat a little and then jump up and be active. That way the chemical factory that is your body doesn't break down.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Try?

Dude, I'm 43, female and if I don't eat at least 1800 calories a day, I am impossible to be around.

Please eat!
    ^^^^This is me too. Please eat more.!!!
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm at just under 1200 today and that's ONLY because I was having GI distress from a med my doctor put me on Wednesday. Normally I'm at 1200+ easily. Eat more!