Cyclist??

Options

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Yessir..

Road, looking for new wheels soon. Any recs? stayin alloy.

HED Ardonnes.
  • kcjchang
    kcjchang Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Sedu1906 wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with Mavic. Prices can be reasonable and they are bomb proof.
    Except for the proprietary part. Ksyrium been bomb proof for me. The Open 4 CD wheelset that I built in 1990 are still true and round with original spokes still intact. Loss count number of miles and spills.
    Yessir..

Kinlin and Pacenti seems to be the go to for custom hand built on a budget and low weight. Checkout BHS and BDop if you get an inkling for DYI. See miketechinfo.com also. Pretty easy and you don't need any special tools except for a "good" spoke wrench (some are nice have but not required).
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Steff46 wrote: »
    Wow, a friend of mine just had his bike stolen right out of his driveway. So sad.

Bikes live inside where it's safe.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yup...road. During the winter I'm mostly on my trainer though. I usually do a couple of endurance events annually...last year I did a trial series which was a good experience, but not really my gig and an injury kept me from completing the series...besides, I don't have the bike for it.
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow, a friend of mine just had his bike stolen right out of his driveway. So sad.

Call in the Marines!
  • Sedu1906
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Yup...road. During the winter I'm mostly on my trainer though. I usually do a couple of endurance events annually...last year I did a trial series which was a good experience, but not really my gig and an injury kept me from completing the series...besides, I don't have the bike for it.

I've never done a TT race but it looks fun. Not sure how well I'd do. I sign up for any Fondo I can get to. I'm not the fastest in any group but I can suffer with the best of 'em.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Yessir..

Yessir..

HED Ardonnes.
    kcjchang wrote: »
    Except for the proprietary part. Ksyrium been bomb proof for me. The Open 4 CD wheelset that I built in 1990 are still true and round with original spokes still intact. Loss count number of miles and spills.
    Yessir..

Kinlin and Pacenti seems to be the go to for custom hand built on a budget and low weight. Checkout BHS and BDop if you get an inkling for DYI. See miketechinfo.com also. Pretty easy and you don't need any special tools except for a "good" spoke wrench (some are nice have but not required).

Will investigate further. Cheers guys.
  • MaxisBack
    MaxisBack Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    About 5,000 road miles a year. Add me up!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,927 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • Sedu1906
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Was this your first century ride?
  • Machka9
    edited January 2017
    Options

No ... it was my 99th century ride, and 174th ride of 100 miles or more. In other words, I've done 99 rides of 100 miles plus 75 rides which have been longer than 100 miles. :)

I'm an active long distance cyclist (centuries, double centuries, audax/randonneuring events, 24-hour TTs, etc.) and have been riding long distances since 1994.

• Sedu1906
    Options

No ... it was my 99th century ride, and 174th ride of 100 miles or more. In other words, I've done 99 rides of 100 miles plus 75 rides which have been longer than 100 miles. :)

I'm an active long distance cyclist (centuries, double centuries, audax/randonneuring events, 24-hour TTs, etc.) and have been riding long distances since 1994.

That's more than impressive!
  • Machka9
    Options

Thanks. :)

I've tried many types of cycling, but long distance is the one I feel most comfortable with. :)
  • Machka9
    Options
  • Sedu1906
    Options

Thanks. I'll check it out.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Bikes live inside where it's safe.

yep. West side of Buffalo here - I actually once had a beat up children's mountain bike stolen mid-day from my driveway once with a church group sitting outside 3 doors down (I didn't think anyone would actually be pathetic enough to cut the lock on a bike worth less than $5 - I was wrong)(it wasn't a high end U-lock though -wrongly figured that it would have been overkill on that bike).
  • Machka9
    Options

I've tried many types of cycling, but long distance is the one I feel most comfortable with. :)

On Saturday, I cycled my 100th century. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Machka9/view/hint-of-hadspen-hike-160-km-bicycle-ride-913161

Well, actually, my 175th ride of 100 miles or more, but my 100th ride of the 100 mile distance. A century of centuries. :grin:
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

On Saturday, I cycled my 100th century. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Machka9/view/hint-of-hadspen-hike-160-km-bicycle-ride-913161

Well, actually, my 175th ride of 100 miles or more, but my 100th ride of the 100 mile distance. A century of centuries. :grin:

Wow. Just wow.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I've barely been on the bike since I got skis.
  • rjc992
    rjc992 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Road cyclist here. I used to do 4000 miles per year, but down to about 2000 per year now and looking forward to spring riding soon.