Cyclist??

Options

Replies

• Texas_Toast_27
    Texas_Toast_27 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Roadie. Pounding out miles on Zwift right now. There are several members of our race team IRL on MFP. We use the platform to track calories and encourage each other in getting down to race weight before team camp the last weekend in February.
  • lucyee
    lucyee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    About to be! Bought a new (second hand) bike yesterday, getting it serviced later this week, and hoping to start riding to work asap...
  • ajwcyclist2016
    ajwcyclist2016 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    Road. Mostly not during the winter though (except for the freak warm weather this weekend).

So you had the warm weather. I had minus temps and fog on the Sunday which I was meant to do 5 hours on the road. So did 5 on the turbo the old school way of no zwift just the mind and my thoughts. At times it has to be done. This is when having targets to reach comes into play
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    Road. Mostly not during the winter though (except for the freak warm weather this weekend).

So you had the warm weather. I had minus temps and fog on the Sunday which I was meant to do 5 hours on the road. So did 5 on the turbo the old school way of no zwift just the mind and my thoughts. At times it has to be done. This is when having targets to reach comes into play

I'm usually able to ride even thru thr winter months, but I just don't have the motivation to get out there in the cold and dark any more. So I've been hitting the gym to work on strength and endurance which may be more helpful anyway.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my first ride on my new wheels. :-)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Doing my off season riding indoors with Trainerroad. Using the TR Sweet Spot Base Building plan on the days that I"m not running.
  • pedermj2002
    pedermj2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    @NorthCascades How was it? And what are the new wheels?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,937 Member
    Options
    After a very busy winter, I kind of eased off this spring (November) ... but now that summer's on and the weather is acting like it, I'm building back up again. :)
  • Sedu1906
    Options

What did you get?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i only ride if i can swim before and run after ;)
  • sburns52
    sburns52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started my road back to 180 lbs. Gained 15 pounds after a road cycling accident. 1 week hospital and 5 weeks off the bike. now it's holidays etc. Soooo trying to ride (mostly indoors) and diet. 65 years old and you would think I wouldn't still be trying to lose weight.
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Me!

I'm an MTBer at heart but also dabble in road and garage (Zwift) cycling. Thinking of doing a coast to coast this year.
  • kcjchang
    kcjchang Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    sburns52 wrote: »
    I just started my road back to 180 lbs. Gained 15 pounds after a road cycling accident. 1 week hospital and 5 weeks off the bike. now it's holidays etc. Soooo trying to ride (mostly indoors) and diet. 65 years old and you would think I wouldn't still be trying to lose weight.

48, shoulder surgery (Grade 5 AC Separation), 12 pounds gain, and 2 months off the bike but no hospital stay. *kitten* happens but all's forgiven once saddled backup. Hope to hit the road in two months just when the fair weather shines. If you haven't try Zwift, it makes the time disappear. Takes some discipline not to contest every hill or jump on every wheel that passes. ;)
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Sedu1906 wrote: »

What did you get?

Wish I had a picture of them on my bike that wasn't terrible. The days are short here and the weather isn't so photogenic.

But I got Enve's new wheel, the 4.5 All Road. They're very very wide for road rims. Set them up tubeless.

4.5AR_Main_2-800x532.jpg

I put Shimano Ice Tech Freeza rotors on them.
  • pauliet7
    pauliet7 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a keen roadie. I use MFP to track calories and keep energised for those long days in the saddle. Cycle all year round, and happy to ride through rain. Feel free to follow add whatever for motivation and support. Keep turning the pedals.
  • Sedu1906
    Options
    Sedu1906 wrote: »

What did you get?

Wish I had a picture of them on my bike that wasn't terrible. The days are short here and the weather isn't so photogenic.

But I got Enve's new wheel, the 4.5 All Road. They're very very wide for road rims. Set them up tubeless.

4.5AR_Main_2-800x532.jpg

I put Shimano Ice Tech Freeza rotors on them.

Nice wheels!
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Me! January/February is my off season as I live in Chicago so right now, lifting and running. 200+ miles per week during season

Chicago cyclist also, love the North Branch Trail, much quieter than lakefront. I've got mine on the bike trainer. The only thing that sucks is that I'm using a trainer tire which isn't made for roads so I can't use the bike outside on the abnormally nice day during the winter.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,868 Member
    Options
    Yessir..

Road, looking for new wheels soon. Any recs? stayin alloy.
  • Sedu1906
    Options
    Yessir..

Road, looking for new wheels soon. Any recs? stayin alloy.

Can't go wrong with Mavic. Prices can be reasonable and they are bomb proof.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Wow, a friend of mine just had his bike stolen right out of his driveway. So sad.