Why do some people up here make it seem like eating fried foods are bad?

Options
13»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lol, if you ain't had fried LUMPIA, you're missing out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

What is LUMPIA?

I don't want to miss out!

*Edit: Googled. Now I need this in my life.

Yes you do. So delicious - worth every last calorie.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Fried foods are an indulgence for me...not something I would have on the regular.
    I watch my sugar intake due to pre diabeties and fatty liver. I cut sugar no more pre diabeties now. So for me high sugar foods are not healthy. Nothing wrong with treats but if someone was eating all calories of chocolate bars not many nutrients in them. I try and look at food as fuel.....if it is full of chemicals I TRY and stay away.

I'm pretty sure nobody in their right mind is doing that...

I do it when cutting, but it's also short term (a couple of weeks) and I supplement the hell out of micros, efas, a probios when doing so. I mean yeah, I'm not all there, but I'm not completely off the deep end.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If the majority of my diet was made up of fried foods, I'd most likely miss out on some nutrition elsewhere. If i had 3000-4000 calories to play with, it might be another story.

A meal of chicken parmigiana and chips (fries) clocks in at around 1600 calories. Pizza or big mac meal, at least 1000 calories. Meals like these are just not worth eating regularly for me.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    No matter what type of food you mention there will be ummm.... "shaming" of it from someone. Talk about eating whole foods and someone will say how horrible it is, talk about dairy and it will be the devil, talk about candy and it will be a sin, talk about fast food and it will be a sin too. This "shaming" or disapproval of certain types of food will go on until the end of time and space. People get offended about what others eat and feel offended if they suspect any criticism or dislike of what they eat. I expect it and these forums wouldn't be the same without it. In fact, if I didn't see that going on in here I would assume everyone had been abducted by aliens and replaced with drones.