Help me switch from yo-yo dieting to maintainance

2»

Replies

• fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Is it possible that the 'ideal' weight that you have picked for maintenance and therefore your allotted maintenance calories is lower than what you body, mind, lifestyle etc needs or desires???

When I reached my weightloss target that I had set myself, I found that I wasn't satisfied with my daily calorie number. So, I thought would it be to bad to weigh a few kgs higher, hence, having more calories to play with.... No! Was the answer. I feel better and more comfortable. Plus it didn't really make much of a difference on my appearance which was a bonus.

However, I'm coming up to my 9th month of maintenance and the one thing that I make sure to do is to weigh myself at least once a week. If the number creeps upwards then it's time to do something about it.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Set a weight range (+/5lbs or whatever you are comfortable with). If your weight starts getting towards the upper limit, you need to eat less. If you start getting towards the lower limit, you need to eat more (or reassess how your body looks).