Intermittent fasting

Best weight lost protocol without beating your self to much on vlcds

Replies

• crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    I've done various IF protocols for weight loss and now maintenance and IF in itself will not cause weight loss unless a calorie deficit is also happening. IF can definitely help some people have an easier time reaching their calorie deficits/goals, but it's not some magical weight loss method :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member

It's a good fit for some people. But so is eating at a moderate deficit everyday.

Aggressive diets ARE aggressive diets no matter the timing. 5:2 should be nothing like a very low calorie diet though. You eat 500 calories (for women) 2 days a week and 5 days at MAINTENANCE. You are still only taking a moderate cut.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member

Are you asking or telling?

There are multiple intermittent fasting protocols, going from "mildly crazy" to "normal meal pattern".

You should never do a VLCD. Never.

If you want to lose weight, you will want to not beat yourself (up). At all. You will have to be strict, but also kind. Aka "caring". Be responsible for your choices and actions. Accept what you can't change. Be an adult.
  • SophieeBrook
    SophieeBrook Posts: 29 Member
    I like doig IF as well. But I still do check my calorie intake so that I dont eat too much, thats how Im loosing my weight. Some days I do 20:4 IF and other 16:8.

Do what feels good for you and your body :)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Most versions of IF are not weight loss protocols. The 5:2 and alternate day fasting can be used as such, but 16:8, 20:4, and the one day 24 hr fast are NOT weight loss programs in and of themselves, they are eating styles.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I do intermittent fasting from time to time, but I don't pair it with VLCDs. I just have a normal deficit no beating necessary with or without IF.