Does anyone weight themselves everyday?

Options
13»

Replies

• auntiekei
    auntiekei Posts: 14
    Options
    I weigh my self every morning as soon as i go to bathroom......they say you shouldnt but it helps me
    that weigh i know how hard i have to work out at gym....if i have gained i do some extra
    just remember you have to move to lose......
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I do and have since Dec. 31, when I started, except when I was on trips where I couldn't. As with everything, it's fine for some people, not for others. I needed to learn to not freak out when it bobbled around, up three pounds for no apparent reason. I knew there were reasons and those reasons were not that I had eaten 10,500 extra calories overnight! I don't worry about them. It doesn't drive me crazy, but it does help me learn some trends about my behaviors.
  • CycleGuy9000
    CycleGuy9000 Posts: 290
    Options
    Anybody? I just started and have lost weight consistently every day (whether it is a water-pound, or 0.2lb of fat) and thus far it is very encouraging to weight myself every day. I know at some point it'll slow down and I'm in the "honeymoon phase" - but is there any harm in this? Does anyone else do it?

I used to when I was losing like a pound a day but now that I'm not I find it to stressful, I'm just going to eat right and exercise and check it once a week.
  • CycleGuy9000
    CycleGuy9000 Posts: 290
    Options
    Yes, I weigh every day because I list my weight as what the average of the past 7 days is. It's what was recommended by the authors of the way of eating that I follow, and it has really helped me for those weeks when it shows me I did have a loss - albeit sometimes as small as 1/4 of a lb.

I'm used to seeing the up and down fluctuations, all that matters to me is the average at the end of the week, and even more so, how my clothes are fitting. I've had my body change shape without a lot of change in weight initially, then I'll see a sudden whoosh. Love the whooshes!

That's a really good idea, I might try that, it just drives me nuts to weigh myself everyday because of the fluctuations but maybe I can get over that, maybe.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself morning and night. It's habit, but it's helped me see patterns, which gives me reality checks for when things aren't going as well as I'd like. It's taught me what the effect of certain things on my body is, in terms of weight, and where my natural fluctuations are.

I think it's fine to do this as long as you aren't obsessing over every minor up and down on the scale and living your life by it
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. No harm done over here. I probably won't weigh myself tomorrow, because I had my first cheat in almost 2 months today.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I have in the past, but I haven't really cared as much recently. It's fine as long as you are able to deal with weight fluctuations and won't get upset if it isn't down every day or goes up a little.
  • krystlestar00
    krystlestar00 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i weigh daily in the morning after going to the bathroom. it helps me stay on track with my eating, i have stopped for weeks at a time and during that time i usually added 5-10 lbs. for me to lose weight i really need to be focused on my diet and weighing daily helps me do that. when i had a personal trainer she said logging daily helps with noticing a trend in weight loss and i agree with that too.
  • smwooley
    smwooley Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I used to just weigh myself once a week but started doing it everyday about 2 weeks ago only because I was curious how DOMS, TOM, etc effected my weight. I honestly don't care what I weigh because I'm more concerned about the inches. But, I'm not going to lie....I was pretty excited when I lost 1.4 pounds after having lost nothing for 2 months :-)
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I do, but I only log it here when I lose. I think it's very helpful, but the trick is to not let the minor upward fluctuations get to you, as long as the general trend is down.

This is exactly what I do now. During my 1st 15 days I logged every day including the ups and went crazy, now a month later, I still look everyday, but only log when there is a loss. Usually 2-3 times a week.
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I do. It's helps me keep going in the right direction. My mom told me she does as well to stay motivated and she has lost 50 lbs already!

WTG Mom!
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    People say not to, but I do. Your weight can fluctuate by three pounds of water weight/bm/or food in your stomach. I weigh myself when I wake up, after going to the bathroom, and before I eat anything. The number will not go down every single day, but it is a way to keep on track.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I have done sine day 1, i'll miss 1 here and there when i know i wouldn't have changed, but it's like an addiction weigh first thing in the morning and late at night. just to check my approximate fat % not necessarily weight loss. I Have a Weight Watchers biometric scale but i think it's useless for measuring anything but water weight and overall weight, my fat% and body mass have barely moved in months despite losing almost 22Kilos in 5 months and clearly losing mass in the form of fat.
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have done sine day 1, i'll miss 1 here and there when i know i wouldn't have changed, but it's like an addiction weigh first thing in the morning and late at night. just to check my approximate fat % not necessarily weight loss. I Have a Weight Watchers biometric scale but i think it's useless for measuring anything but water weight and overall weight, my fat% and body mass have barely moved in months despite losing almost 22Kilos in 5 months and clearly losing mass in the form of fat.

Impressive loss keep up the good work! :-)
  • alley2300
    alley2300 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a daily weigher also. At least every other day. It has taught me what foods make me retain water and what foods help me lose. I only enter my Friday morning weigh in though on my trackers.
  • AcePumpkin22
    Options
    I weigh myself every single day. :) I do think that it is very encouraging and it helps me keep on track.
    However, I think that it is also very important to measure your body once a week or once a month.
    Sometimes... you can weigh the same weight but, your body has slimmed down or has more muscle.
    At least, that is what I have seen.
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself a lot, several times a day, I work at a place with tons of freight scales(103 to be exact :P) and one of my duties is to check that they are still accurate within 1% so I have plenty of oppertunity.

I honestly find it fascinating to see how the body works like how long after i eat that i return to my normal weight and how diffrent foods effect that by basically weighing all the time i know when i have not had enough water when i have truly lost weight and a fluctuation i don't get frustrated about the numbers
  • hannah1011z
    hannah1011z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I often weight myself. more than once a day sometimes just because Its almost addicting seeing if youve lost any ounces or anything. I only weigh in on here once a week though so that its more acurate then what I see on the scale. :)
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm a daily weigher, mainly out of curiousity and it does help me stay on track. I don't let the daily changes bother me though...I went as far to get an app to track my daily weighings. I'm sure this may pass but it does help me. I only log my weight once a week here on MFP though.
  • martinc43
    martinc43 Posts: 3
    Options
    Yes,do you know how to delete food choises from your food list? MCHammer