what worked for you for losing the most weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    eating clean, eating lots n running
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    portion control and weighing food :)

This plus moving more.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Weighing/measuring food
    Keeping a food diary
    Eating less than I burn
    Moving more
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    We all know how we should do the weight loss thing, but I'm going to answer your question the way it was asked: This is the most effective weight loss I've ever had in my life and I felt great - I went to one of the many "diet centers" that were popular in the 80s and 90s. I was put on a diet of 500-700 calories a day. I worked my way up to what they wanted me - 1400 calories. Man did I look good. BUT.....here I am
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Figuring out my BMR and TDEE.
    Eating at a deficit.
    Lifting heavy.

This!
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Cut out alcohol & soft drinks....and tracked my calories.
  • TendaiMa
    TendaiMa Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Weighing all my food and sticking to 1,350 calories per day...eating no carbs after lunch and exercising 6days/week.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Creating an average weekly calorie deficit through exercise and moderate eating. And I sustain this "lifestyle" by NOT worrying about:
    1. Eating "clean".
    2. Starvation mode.
    3. Meal timing and frequency.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I don't cut out foods; I just have them in moderation. Eating less and moving more really has done it for me. That being said, eating less has been a bit of a challenge. Instead of eating breakfast in a bowl, I eat it in a coffee cup. I eat one sandwich for lunch instead of two, with yogurt or fruit instead of chips.

I'm studying to be an accountant. The way I see it, you have a finite amount of assets, and you want to use them in the best way possible. If I have 2,000 calories a day (actually 2,100 because I'm nursing but still trying to eat at a slight deficit), I want to spend them in the best way possible. I don't look at something and say "oh noes! It's 500 calories!" If it's dinner and it's good quality stuff, whatever. By contrast, I don't say, "Oh well, it's only 100 calories." I got into that trap with soda; a can of Mt. Dew is only 170 calories--but that's a lot of wasted, empty calories to be consuming on a regular basis. I used to drink 5 of those a day.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Alternate day intermittent fasting for me :)
  • mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Mind set and calorie counting. It was getting started, rarely going over my daily calorie limit and absolutely NEVER going over my weekly calorie limit.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Figuring out my BMR and TDEE.
    Eating at a deficit.
    Lifting heavy.
    This. Although my "heavy" isn't as heavy as I'd like, but I do the best I can at home with dumbbells. But the TDEE method has been the best for dropping the fat. :drinker: