Tips for Pizza eating

Options
13»

Replies

• Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have a meal out at Pizza Hut pre-recorded on mfp. That way, if I know I'm going, I can pop that into my diary before the day begins and plan around it. I do the same with my favourite buffet. If I change my mind when I get there it doesn't stress me out either: a day is just a day. For a really good pizza (ie, not a big chain) IDGAF.

However, right now I have gestational diabetes, and wheat seems to trigger some of the worst blood sugar levels, so today, while everyone else had baguette, I had sweet potato.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    My strategy for pizza are

if you’re making it yourself sub pizza crust with other things like tortillas, english muffins, Pitas, or Naan anything you can think of that can make the calorie footprint of that pizza smaller

For ordering out

Opt for thin crusts: you can usually have more slices of a thin crust vs a normal or pan depending on how it is topped

If you ordering from a major chain check the nutrition section of their website and know what your getting into ahead of time so you can set your slice limit and stick to it

Good luck :)

This is solid. Switching from deep dish to thin crust last year let me continue regular pizza eating while still losing weight
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm of the "open mouth, insert pizza" opinion.

I typically eat between 800-1200 calories for dinner not matter what I'm having, so about 4 slices of pizza fits that perfectly. If I know I'm having pizza, I might alter my lunch and breakfast to be higher protein than usual, since pizza tends to be a little low in that macro. Just to make everything balance.

Edited to add: Chicken makes a great topping if you want extra protein but don't want the typical pepperoni or sausage. I don't know many other people who get chicken as a topping, but it's wonderful.
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I just had pizza and didn't go over my calories. I'd like to get a recipe for a low cal dough. I had a pesto, tomato, mushroom basil pizza.