Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    The bakery.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I want us to switch to Costco so badly. We currently have a BJ's membership and they have stopped carrying so many things that we hardly get anything there anymore. Not only that, their prices aren't that great and it's better to get a lot of items at Target or Shop Rite. For some reason, the rest of the family keeps resisting the idea. The Costco is even closer to us!

I should show this thread to my husband and daughter, the two major objectors. Son is at an age where he doesn't care about anything that's not related to Pokemon.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,987 Member
    Options
    fittocycle wrote: »
    Where is the superfood salad in Costco? I need to try this!

I buy organic eggs, organic chicken and ground beef, bison, Cabot sharp cheddar cheese (so much cheaper and better), Normandy frozen veggies, frozen fish, the superfoods protein powder for smoothies, oatmeal, walnuts, pecans, organic sugar, GF bread, organic tortilla chips, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.

It's in the refrigerated area with the raw vegetables. It's called Sweet Kale Salad and claims to "contain 7 superfoods!!" I get this every time I'm there and it's very good.
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Frozen Blueberries (I mix with 1/2 serving of Grape Nuts and F/F Greek Yogurt)
    Unsalted Cashews (1/4 cup makes a great snack)
    Whole Grain Bread (gotta have a sandwich now and again)
    Brown Rice
    Canned Mushrooms
    Paper and cleaning products
    Cereal: Cheerios, Grape Nuts
    Skippy Peanut Butter (to go with the bread)
    Boneless/Skinless chicken breast pieces
    Vitamins
    Canned Tuna
    Canned Low-sodium SPAM*
    Kraft Mac & Cheese*
    Canned Pineapple Chunks (in own juice)
    Can't get wine in our Costco (Utah)

*for the household member NOT needing to lose weight

Our household consists of two, so I don't get their fresh produce or dairy products, we can't eat them fast enough before they spoil. Our local grocery store has great deals on meats and seafood (tried swordfish a couple of weeks ago, and Alaskan salmon is frequently on sale), so we buy there.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,987 Member
    Options
    omakase619 wrote: »
    If you're not buying Costco toilet paper you're doing it wrong.

And this bath wash.
    nvvz68qovgzp.jpg

@omakase619
    um, is this Your cart? ;) So let's talk about this world famous Costco toilet paper.. what makes it a 'must have' ? Curious as I've heard several of you bring it up.

I think it's just that the price is great, not that it's the most awesome toilet paper on the planet. But, it is good quality and a steal compared to other stores.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    fittocycle wrote: »
    Where is the superfood salad in Costco? I need to try this!

I buy organic eggs, organic chicken and ground beef, bison, Cabot sharp cheddar cheese (so much cheaper and better), Normandy frozen veggies, frozen fish, the superfoods protein powder for smoothies, oatmeal, walnuts, pecans, organic sugar, GF bread, organic tortilla chips, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.

It's in the refrigerated area with the raw vegetables. It's called Sweet Kale Salad and claims to "contain 7 superfoods!!" I get this every time I'm there and it's very good.

As someone who hates most vegetables, this salad is really good.
  • catgerm
    catgerm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been hitting Costco weekly since eating better. I've realized part of my strategy is to stock up on produce and eat it all before it goes bad!
  • oceandaisies
    oceandaisies Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I am in Canada and go weekly to every two weeks depending on what is on sale and if I am in town.

Things I always buy, some I stock up when on sale:

4L milk
    Tide pods
    Downy fabric softener
    Toilet bowl cleaner 4 pk
    Lysol wipes (used to get kirkland brand but they discontinued them)
    Ziploc bags
    Foodsaver bags
    Frozen scallops (canadian ones)
    Frozen Trident the ultimate fish sticks
    Frozen Sum-m chicken mini spring rolls
    Frozen Luvo tandoori chicken single serve meals 5pk (these are delicious, low sodium and 270 calories)
    Butter
    Yogurt, usually 2 pk kirkland brand greek but sometimes Liberte mediteranne 15 pk single serve
    gt's kombucha gingerade 6 pk
    Silver hills bread
    Lettuce
    Cara cara oranges
    Cheese, all kinds of cheese! Usually watch the sales and buy whats on sale. Love the irish cheddar, blue, swiss, etc but also always get cheddar not the mozza its not good
    Cereals - Cheerios, Nature's Path or Kirkland brand granola, mini wheats
    Crackers - stoned wheat thins, crunchmaster rice crackers and sometimes whats on sale otherwise
    Grapeseed oil
    Olive oil
    Canola oil
    Jasmine rice
    Pole & Line caught tuna
    Solid tuna
    Smoked oysters
    Aveeno lotion
    Lever 2000 soap
    Vitamins - calcium w/mag, vitamin d, glucosamine/msm
    Chicago mix popcorn - its deadly and delicious and I have to portion it out and only buy on sale
    The simply bar protein bar
    Detour simple protein bar
    Some clothing, they sell some that are made in canada

Just to note, I would probably buy their meat but we buy our chickens and turkeys whole from friends who raise them and then cut up and vacuum seal, we bought a whole pastured pig from local farmer, buy our ground beef and rib steaks from local butcher, hunt and have deer meat, and fish so catch our own salmon, halibut, cod, crabs, etc and buy wild BC shrimp from the fisherman direct. We have our own chickens for eggs and will eventually expand to our own meat birds. We also have a large garden so grown most of our own.

*edited to add sensible portions veggie straws in single portion bags