DETOX RECOMMENDATIONS WELCOME PLEASE.....

Options
HI everyone.

I am experiencing binge eating problems and desperately need to do a detox for a few days to cleanse my system, shrink my stomach etc.

Any ideas welcome???

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    HI everyone.

I am experiencing binge eating problems and desperately need to do a detox for a few days to cleanse my system, shrink my stomach etc.

Any ideas welcome???

Do you poop? Do you pee? yes? ta-da......detoxed.

Your body does a dang good job of cleansing itself.

Get a hold of the binge eating and ditch the idea of a detox.
  • GamerGirly
    GamerGirly Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Go to walmart.. get Alcai Berry Cleanse
    Works great :)

Stay hydrated.. take as directed or your electrolytes will become imbalanced
  • nomeejerome
    Options

no. see post above
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

/thread
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Unless you have severe liver and kidney disease, your system doesn't need cleaning.

Perhaps you're eating too little? A deficit that's too large can cause you to binge.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    HI everyone.

Any ideas welcome???

Use your liver and see someone about binge eating issues. Detoxing is for people who are addicted to drugs.
  • MetamorphicButterfly
    Options
    Unless you have severe liver and kidney disease, your system doesn't need cleaning.

Perhaps you're eating too little? A deficit that's too large can cause you to binge.

Thank G-d i dont have any kind of disease but i am eating little during the day which may be the reason why i eat too much at night but it is also psychological as well - i dunno - been bingeing for almost 10 years now - really need help
  • GamerGirly
    Options

no. see post above

Hey!?!?! Who is to dictate a person on whether or not someone should want to use unnatural substance to detox their already naturally able body???

Learning from your own mistakes will allow you to realize faster how wrong they were verses someone else telling you it was wrong...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Thank G-d i dont have any kind of disease but i am eating little during the day which may be the reason why i eat too much at night but it is also psychological as well - i dunno - been bingeing for almost 10 years now - really need help

If it is a psychological issue, then adding a detox/cleanse in hopes it will act as a placebo isn't going to get to the root of the problem. You need to break the cycle. If you can't do that on your own, you may want to look into possibly getting counseling.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    HI everyone.

Any ideas welcome???

What exactly are you looking to cleanse from your system that your liver and kidneys are missing while they are doing their job of cleansing your body?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

no. see post above

Hey!?!?! Who is to dictate a person on whether or not someone should want to use unnatural substance to detox their already naturally able body???

Learning from your own mistakes will allow you to realize faster how wrong they were verses someone else telling you it was wrong...

So if someone asks about doing something then we should say "go for it!" even if it is potentially harmful or could set the person up for failure?

Sorry. A lot of people here don't do blind support. Might need to try a pro-ana type site for things like that. Most of the time, people will do it anyways but there are some that learn from other's experiences and opt not to do something.
  • MetamorphicButterfly
    Options
    OK so my liver and kidneys do a great job. But i would like to do a DETOX ! Any ideas? Please help me the bingeing is out of control
  • ken_hogan
    Options
    OK so my liver and kidneys do a great job. But i would like to do a DETOX ! Any ideas? Please help me the bingeing is out of control

Okay, but what are you looking to detox so we can guide you??
  • GamerGirly
    Options
    To each their own..

Someone is asking for advice.. and we probably ALL have been in her situation before..

Do you think that detoxing is harmful?

There are sooooo many natural ways of detoxing your body WITHOUT buying something from the store.. SAME EXACT SIDE EFFECTS!!!

You lose an excess amount of water weight.. and majority of the time you gain in back in a matter of weeks!

Its not blind support.. I am fairly certain the OP can read...
  • nomeejerome
    Options

As I said before.....
  • MetamorphicButterfly
    Options
    I am looking to detox my system - i have been eating too much junk and need to break the habit for good
  • MetamorphicButterfly
    Options

As I said before.....

OK. How do you get a hold of the bingeing??????
  • ken_hogan
    Options

As I said before.....

OK. How do you get a hold of the bingeing??????

I think you are missing our points. Start eating better, watching what you eat. Your body will do the rest of 'detoxing' your system.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Calculate your BMR and set your calorie goal to at least that much. Make sure you NET that amount of calories each day. Drink plenty of water, enough so that your pee is clear or very pale yellow. Try to keep your sodium within reason.

Do that for awhile, and your body will "detox" itself quite nicely.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you get professional help.