DETOX RECOMMENDATIONS WELCOME PLEASE.....

Options

Replies

• dailytammy
    dailytammy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    hey try juicing for 3-5 days this is what I do....an I don't care if anyone agrees or not its what works for me
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    hey try juicing for 3-5 days this is what I do....an I don't care if anyone agrees or not its what works for me

Not saying I agree or disagree, but what exactly did this complish?? What exactly did it detox from your body?
  • Stacey741
    Stacey741 Posts: 3
    Options
    Go see a naturalpath doctor. They can recommend some natural herbs that will help clear toxins out of your system. You have to eat healthy and drink plenty of water though our any "detox" you choose to do won't work.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I am looking to detox my system - i have been eating too much junk and need to break the habit for good
    I think what people are trying to ask is not what system but what toxins you are trying to detoxify that your liver and organs are incapable of?

I've never seen any studies indicating that cleanses make sense. Ignoring that, I've never seen any logical reasoning for it either.

Try to figure out what is making you binge (many have calorie limits set to low or unbalanced diets so after an extended period off being malnourished they binge). Fix the problem, wasting time making yourself hungry or sick isn't a solution, particularly for your problem.

joy_joy_ gave some pretty solid advice, I suggest you take it.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options

$55 for something completely unnecessary.
  • Sheehangirl79
    Options
    You should try a juice cleanse. It is healthy and amazing. If you have the time, you should watch this documentary called "Sick, Tired and Nearly Dead." It will change your life and your outlook on being healthy.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You should try a juice cleanse. It is healthy and amazing. If you have the time, you should watch this documentary called "Sick, Tired and Nearly Dead." It will change your life and your outlook on being healthy.

What exactly does a juice cleanse detox that your liver and kidneys don't cleanse already??
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    you don't need a cleanse, if your gonna binge just eat healthy stuff like fruits or veggies, if you binge on them WHO CARES cause they are good for you and very low on calories.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

What exactly does a juice cleanse detox that your liver and kidneys don't cleanse already??

And what exactly does a juice cleanse do to help fix the emotional issues that lead to binge eating?

Binge eating is not a dietary issue. It's psychological. The OP needs to find someone who is professionally qualified to help her with this and not be pointed toward propaganda "documentaries".
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    you don't need a cleanse, if your gonna binge just eat healthy stuff like fruits or veggies, if you binge on them WHO CARES cause they are good for you and very low on calories.

Binging is disordered eating. Binging on healthy food is just as bad as what you consider unhealthy. The mentality is unhealthy and getting "healthy and fit" isn't just a physical thing. It's a mental thing too.

That's like someone taking a bunch of pills to cover up a disorder rather than working to get to the bottom of it and resolving the issue.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I hear you op, sometimes you just want a regiment to break a bad habit. Some of us just cant eat refined carbs in any form and sometimes people fast one day or do liquid diets or whatever in hopes of bring binge habits. So the good news is that you recognize it as an activity you want to stop.

I suggest searching the forums or getting with a clinical nutrionist to see why your foods and eating habits contribute to the binges.

It is trial and error and then success for all of us. Good luck and best wishes on your journey.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You keep using that word. It doesn't mean what you think it means.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Unless you have severe liver and kidney disease, your system doesn't need cleaning.

Perhaps you're eating too little? A deficit that's too large can cause you to binge.

^^^^ this

a cleanse and attempting to shrink your stomach (which doesn't actually happen, but what is actually going on when people refer to this, is someone gets habituated to eating too little and so stops feeling hungry..... for a while, until the binge eating kicks in) will only make the binge eating worse.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I think you are confusing detox with self control and proper planning.

from wikipedia

"Detoxification (detox for short)[1] is the physiological or medicinal removal of toxic substances from a living organism, including, but not limited to, the human body and additionally can refer to the period of withdrawal during which an organism returns to homeostasis after long-term use of an addictive substance.[2][3] In medicine, detoxification can be achieved by decontamination of poison ingestion and the use of antidotes as well as techniques such as dialysis and (in a limited number of cases) chelation therapy.[4]

Many alternative medicine practitioners promote various other types of detoxification such as detoxification diets but scientists have described these as a "waste of time and money".[5][6] Sense About Science, a UK-based charitable trust determined that most commercial products' "detox" claims lack any supporting evidence.[7][8]"
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in....for the cleanse....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OK so my liver and kidneys do a great job. But i would like to do a DETOX ! Any ideas? Please help me the bingeing is out of control

I sense a troll thread developing...

Your liver and kidney are doing fine, BUT you want an additional detox??? Bahahahahahahah that is a rare one..

Hey, I got an idea..take some pixie dust, mix with raspberry ketones, and then combine with Unicorn horn dust and drink for 7 days straight and eat nothing...

or you could just some a cig and drink a cup of coffee in the am ..that will cleanse you right out...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Go see a naturalpath doctor. They can recommend some natural herbs that will help clear toxins out of your system. You have to eat healthy and drink plenty of water though our any "detox" you choose to do won't work.

first ever post = epic fail
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Look, as many people have said quick fixes don't work. They don't fix the underlying problem, be they mental or dietary and "detox" is generally code for "massively unhealthy wallet purge."

You don't have to revamp your diet all at once. Make small changes when you start out and the changes will be more likely to stick. This can be anything from following the exact same diet you have now, but measuring all of your portion sizes, or replacing one serving of your "junk food" with something slightly healthier like fruit or a low-cal sweet. Do this until it's easy, then find something else to alter.

Some of my earlier diet failures were from trying to cut too much, too soon, and then diving into ice cream the second 8:00 rolled around. I had to change that huge bowl in for snicker's ice cream bars that fit into my calorie goals, then that changed into higher cal ice cream once a week. At no point did I completely cut a food I loved, and all of the small changes over time added up to the point that I now have vegetable cravings. For me that's a minor miracle. Don't try to somehow shock yourself into a different body--shocks wear off. Learn instead.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    A cleanse isn't going to break you from binging. I would suggest getting some sort of professional help to get your disordered eating under control.
  • jaecamp1
    jaecamp1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would say just eat super "clean" for a few days. All that junk will get flushed out of your body naturally, and you'll feel much better. As far as the binging goes, if there is a certain time of day it usually hits maybe you can make a plan to be busy during that time? For me it was always after the kids go to bed. Now I use that time for a workout instead. By l the time I finish that, the last thing I want to do is load my body with junk :). What I've found too is the less often you eat junk the less often you'll actually want it. I guess its once that sugar addiction is broken. I don't even crave chocolate anymore, I never thought that would happen. Good luck!