Options
12346»

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Name: Sherry
    Total Weight lost: 41 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 2 years (focused on fitness and developing good habits, not speed)
    How long in maintenance: Haven't officially made it, but I'm SO close.
    Maintenance weight range: 138-140

Average weight recorded from previous month: 142.4

Week of...
    6th February: 142
    13th February: 144.5
    20th February: 143.2
    27th February: 143.4

Success/struggles of the week: Did great all week and blew it on Saturday. I need to work on that. (At least this week it was only one day).

Sherry
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Name:Fidan
    Total Weight lost: 48kg
    Time it took to lose: 1 year
    How long in maintenance: 9 months
    Maintenance weight range: 73.3kg and below

Average weight recorded from previous month: 72.8kg

Week of...
    6th February: 72kg on the dot
    13th February: 72.5kg
    20th February: 72.5kg
    27th February:72.5kg

Success/struggles of the week:
    How is this possible???? 3 weeks in a row. I was actually expecting (hoping) to be slightly lower this week due to Lower calorie intake higher activity level. But the scale doesn't lie, it is what it is.

Next month I definitely need to work on getting in formal exercises. I need some sort of regime/structure to my weekly exercise. I'll be aiming for 3 workouts a week.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,974 Member
    Options
    Name: Kathryn
    Total Weight lost: 70 pounds
    Time it took to lose: about 10 months. I have actually dropped about 10 pounds below my original goal.
    How long in maintenance: Started maintenance July 25th, but still trying to actually maintain.
    Maintenance weight range: 126-130

Average weight recorded from previous month: 127.1

Week of...
    6th February: 125.4
    13th February: 127.8
    20th February: 126.4
    27th February: 126.4

Success/struggles of the week: I had a good week. I had a couple of weigh-ins that were under my range, but my trend has stayed in range all week so I think I'm good. I did have a couple of days where I was more hungry than usual, but I was also less busy so I think it was really boredom. I have been trying to eat about 200 calories more than what my fitbit says I'm burning as my own data says that I am burning 200-250 calories more per day than fitbit shows. I hope to get to a point where I don't worry about how much I eat each day, but since so far every time I have thought I was maintaining I dropped more weight and I don't really want to decrease my activity so I will have to make sure I'm eating enough. I'm just looking for the sweet spot. My average for February seems to be about 126.5 which is in my range. I'm hoping that my March average will stay in range as well and not drop below 126.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Name: Nikki
    Total weight lost: 30 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 2 years (maintenance was hard for me, kept bouncing up)
    How long in maintenance: 5 months
    Maintenance range: 140 - 145

Average weight recorded from previous month: 144.1

Week of...
    February 6: 142.8
    February 13: 144.6
    February 20: 140.6
    February 27: 141.6

Success/struggles of the week: Still working on the gluten thing, and now I've added allergies to the mix. No workouts for a few more days, until I can breathe without coughing.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Here's my monthly report:

Total Weight lost: 36#
    Time it took to lose:5 months
    How long in maintenance: 3 months
    Maintenance weight range: 157.5-162.5

Simple average daily weight:
    Jan 2017 (31 days) -- 159.8
    Feb 2017 (27 days) -- 158.7

Moving 7-Day Average Weight as of:
    6th February: 159.2
    13th February: 158.4
    20th February: 158.6
    27th February:158.6

Success/struggles of the week: Injured my right hip on 2/6 doing deadlifts and took 2 weeks off from lifting to allow the hip to heal.

Resumed lifting 2/20 and was already "out of shape." Actually developed DOMS in my glutes & quads after doing squats this past week and I almost never get sore while lifting.

Also suffered an incident of self-induced food poisoning (something went bad in my frig) on 2/17. Suffered extreme cramping and lost 3# overnight after prolonged bouts of vomiting and the runs. Quickly gained the weight back but it was awful.

Having a hard time getting the motivation to getting back into lifting after the hip injury and food poisoning. Find I need to "force" myself to do it, as opposed to actually"wanting to do it" before.

After 8 months of controlled eating and working out, it's getting old and I'm finding it harder to stay motivated. It's all in my head of course but it's so easy to back slide. So, just trying to stay motivated is my struggle now.

On the positive side, I just got my 3rd DXA scan in the past 6 months and I continue to lose BF while slightly increasing LBM and maintaining weight at 160 +/- 2.5#. BF# has gone from 20 to 16 to 14% during this time period.

DXA scans tend to give higher BF results than given by other methods of measurement. My last hydrostatic test results were at 16 and 12%.

FWIW, I think that the DXA result is on the high side and that my body is closer to 12 than 14% based on my 6 pack (which is visible while relaxed, not tensed) and my general muscle definition.

Going to get another hydrostatic test done in March to see how it compares w/the earlier hydrostatic test results and w/the DXA scan results.

The results in terms of absolute numbers should differ between DXA and hydrostatic but the trend in both showing reduced BF should be confirmed. So, I would expect the next hydrostatic test to be at 12% or less (at around 10% would confirm the trend).

We'll see . . .
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Name: Lori
    Total Weight lost: 150 (at lowest wt so far)
    Time it took to lose: 2 1/2 years
    How long in maintenance: 9/20/16 first day of weight within maint range
    Maintenance weight range: 150-155

Jan avg 154.3
    Feb avg 155.1

2/5 152.8
    2/15 156.8
    2/21 155.2 Still waiting for the rest of the post-vacation Whoosh!
    2/27 155.6 The Whoosh! came and went. Oh well. I'm still maintaining my average, although I wouldn't mind it being a few pounds less.
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Name: Stephen
    Weight Lost: (Jan-Dec 2016): 77 pounds
    Maintaining since January 1, 2017

6th February: 182.8 pounds (trend)
    13th February: 182.2 pounds (trend)
    20th February: 182.6 pounds (trend)
    27th February: 183.4 pounds (trend)

Going in for annual physical tomorrow (Friday). It has been 65 pounds since the last visit...
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My name is Irina.
    Starting weight 220 lbs.
    Current 151 lbs.
    Took about 8 months to lose
    Maintaining for 3 months
    Would like to stay within 148-153 lbs range for now. Maybe eventually try to go down a little more or aim for recomp.

Week of...
    6th February: 154.6 lbs
    13th February: 153 lbs
    20th February: 153.8 lbs
    28th February: 151.8
    Success / struggles of the week: Nothing new or anything i haven't dealt with before. Just putting one foot in front of the other. One day at the time. This mostly refers to family ups and downs, my eating is good, still fighting nightly cravings. But I've got a good report from my doctor about my fissure, which is finally after about 11 months is finally healed. Wheww...what a struggle that was. So with fears of it returning somewhat behand me, I'm back to riding full on again. Rolling into the March. Getting hot in S Fl. But so incredibly beautiful, grateful for every day.
  • ecs1516
    ecs1516 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What did they tell you to heal the fissure
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    @ecs1516, first dr had me on Nitro for a while, and that didn't work for me at all, then switched doctors, and second one put me on Nifedipine, which worked, but still took time.
  • ecs1516
    ecs1516 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Nitro made me feel too dizzy . I am on diltiazem but not done yet . This definitely is very slow going .