Pop?

Options
Anyone else still drink pop? Or a occasional glass of pop? I haven't had one in over a year and it's not that I miss it but I could go for one every once in awhile.... diet is "better" than regular?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I drink Pepsi Max or Coke Zero more days than not. Nothing wrong with it!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Better is a relative term.
    Diet has no calories and regular does.
    Neither are bad for you but diet is obviously easier to fit into one's calorie budget.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    I drink Coke Zero or Pepsi Max every single day. :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I drink a Diet Dr. Pepper and a Monster Zero Ultra every day. I prefer to not use calories on that, which is why I stick to the zero calorie drinks.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I stopped soda cold turkey when I started counting calories (7+ MTN Dews a day just didn't fit). A few months later I reintroduced sodas, but I don't bring them into the house...I'll get one occasionally when I eat fast food or when I visit my mom. Going to diet wasn't an option for me because artificial sweeteners trigger my migraines.
  • Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I drink a Vernor's about twice a month. I would drink them more, but I can only get them when I go up north so that's my treat every couple weeks. It's probably a good thing they're not sold where I live lol. Other than that it's just water, tea, and coffee for me.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    .. Goes the weasel... :)

I drink flavoured sparkling water more often than soft drink, but I go for diet versions if I have them. I don't waste calories on drinks!
  • asbandr
    asbandr Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'll have a Coke Zero if I'm out to eat or something, but I don't keep them at home. I used to be addicted to Dr Pepper, drinking about 3 a day.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Never gave it up. I stay away from sugar pop as I don't spend my calories that way.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Diet coke almost every day. I do drink a lot less than I used to. I used to go through a case a week. Now maybe a 6 pack a week.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I drink diet soda pretty much every day. Along with coffee, iced tea and a lot of water.
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I never really do.. but I never did anyway. I don't like carbonated drinks.

Plus I prefer not to drink calories/spend money on beverages when water is free.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda every week - probably equivalent of 2 or 3 cans/week on average.
    Some days none.

I very rarely drink regular any more - not worth the calories to me when I like diet and diet is (almost) zero calorie and is readily available everywhere regular version is.

• davecreed
    davecreed Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    Anyone else still drink pop? Or a occasional glass of pop? I haven't had one in over a year and it's not that I miss it but I could go for one every once in awhile.... diet is "better" than regular?

Try drinking flavoured pierrier instead or some other carbonated low auger/nonsugar drink. Diet pop if you must. Sugar drinks/lots of sugar is the one thing that give me a spare tire the quickest. Maybe try milk with sugar free syrup mix in it. (If seeetband cold is what you want and it's not the carbonated type Bragg you're craving)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Coke zero almost every day
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I was obsessed with diet Barq's and lately I have strayed away from it due to the artificial sweeteners and I did feel at times it made me crave real sugar and sent me into a spiral. Now I am only doing La Croix and water. Any suggestions by the way in the best La a Croix flavors! I have berry and mango pomelo.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,393 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm not wasting calories on drinks, so I have 2-20oz diet mt. dews a day.
  • rvamntneer
    rvamntneer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda two years ago. I was never a huge soda drinker anyway, but I just don't have it in the calorie budget and I stay away from artificial sweeteners if I can help it. If I need something fizzy I grab a seltzer water. Now when I do have an occasional sip it tastes nasty sweet and I can't stomach it anymore. It's crazy what your body gets used to. Should you drink soda? No. Can you in moderation and still maintain a healthy diet? Of course. It just depends on what you want to do.
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I used to live on the stuff. A 12 can pack of diet Pepsi every other day or so. Since counting calories I have one glass of regular when I'm out to eat. There's no room for food otherwise. Averages to once a month or so. Last night I was craving it so bad. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a glass of soda as much as I did that one.