To lose weight is it really just a matter of calories in vs calories out?

Options
2»

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Think I'm sick of the sight of this topic now.

Eat mainly nutritionally dense foods and anything else of your desire while staying in a caloric deficit. Case closed.

There has been a bit of a low-carb invasion the last couple of weeks.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    amystev41 wrote: »
    If it really a matter of taking in less calories in order to lose weight then why is it that most people who count carbs and not calories lose at such a quicker rate than those who count calories?

Weight loss comes down to CICO. There's different ways to approach this and some people prefer doing a low carb method, but ultimately it comes down to calories. I don't know anyone in real life who's had any long term success with a low carb lifestyle, though several have tried it (in a couple cases- over and over and over again :p ). And I don't know anyone who's actually tried straight calorie tracking. My family is full of yo-yo dieters who are always jumping from one fad diet to the next, but I'm the only one who's just counted calories. Hmmmm...
  • pinksparklefairy
    pinksparklefairy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    amystev41 wrote: »
    Thank you for the positive responses...when I say "most people" I guess I should clarify and say most that I run into...more people than not...is that better janejellyroll?

Honestly, I don't personally know anyone in my real world circles who've ever calorie counted...I'd say for the vast majority, it's very tedious and requires a particular personality IMO...it also requires a fairly high degree of accuracy and many people simply fail to be all that accurate in logging and counting calories.

I just measured out how much cream cheese was on my flatbread for lunch on the scale. Thinking about it, most people would think I had gone a bit crazy! :lol: