Please share your under 500 calories breakfast ( Screenshots)

Options
Hi Everyone,
I need ideas for my breakfast. Preferably warm breakfast and it doesn't have to be clean eating. Some days I eat instant oatmeal, some days honey bunches of oats cereal and other days I do mix it up and eat bacon, sausage and egg and French banquette for breakfast. I'm easily bored so if you don't mind please share either your screenshots or just type what you eat for breakfast with measurements that is less than 500 calories.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• mir1104
    mir1104 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid my breakfast is a little too unconventional but I'll give it a go...might be inspiration anyway.
    It's:
    150g egg whites (cooked in a non-stick pan) or 1 can tuna in brine or 100g of whatever cooked seafood
    plus
    40g oat bran (weighted dry, then I cook it with a little water so it's like oatmeal)
    plus
    a big bowl containing half a can (about 100-120g) of chickpeas/lentils/peas and a mix of raw and cooked veggies up to the remining 450-500 calories. One of my fav is cooking 3-4 grated carrots with a little tomato sauce and using it as a salad dressing so I don't add fats to it.
    As I said, not really normal to have salad for breakfast but I love it.
  • stephmph16
    stephmph16 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    No pic because I'm lazy. These are my faves.

Avocado toast: 1 slice toast, half an avocado, 1-2 sunny side up eggs on top, hot sauce to finish. So dang good.

Flatout roll: 1 wheat flatout bread, 30g of peanut butter, 1 banana

Egg scramble: 3 eggs, 1 hot sausage, some avocado

I save calories by not using butter or cheese.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    plain coffee
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    egg white oatmeal w/peanut butter (I use powder) and banana. Filling and not super high calorie.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    No pic... Because, no breakfast! (definitely under 500cals!)
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Cereal in a big bowl of milk. I might go crazy sometimes and buy a different kind of cereal.
  • Jabbarwocky
    Jabbarwocky Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    One cup of Friendly Farms Greek vanilla yogurt from Aldi's and one cup of Kashi vanilla graham clusters cereal. Only 330 calories and it keeps me full till lunch. I specified the Aldi's Greek yogurt because its the only one I've found to be any good. All of the others are too thick and pasty for me. Feels like I'm eating glue.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    a couple classics of mine...

pbjoats.jpg?resize=768%2C666

thumb.jpg?resize=768%2C512

Protein-Bread-thumb.jpg?resize=768%2C447

There are of course days when i eat cereal, pancakes, and my favorite... breakfast tacos. But these are generally waaay over 500 calories.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Workday Breakfast
    md1ujo40hdwx.jpg
    Weekend Brunch
    9vrciqts5wex.jpg

• Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    2 cups of coffee+50ml of skimmed or semi-skimmed milk; 2 slices of whole wheat sandwich bread+15g peanut butter+15g jam. These add up to less than 300 kcals in my diary.
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I boil eggs and keep them in the fridge for the week. - I toast 2 pieces Nichols Wheat Bread (70 cal); use a little bit of spray butter (0 calories); cut up a hard boiled egg (72 cal) and a little bit of pepper and hot sauce (0 cal) - make a sandwich ... I don't eat a lot of meat, so I need protein from the eggs :)
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    lol. Okay, well, it was under 500, so I'll share. It's a weird one today.

I had a cup of cooked short-grain rice augmented with 1/2 tsp sriracha and 1/2 tsp toasted sesame seeds. And then I stopped at McDonald's on the way to work and got a small decaf black coffee and a hash brown patty.

That's 410 calories and 360mg sodium.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Two breakfasts I've been enjoying:
    savory oats: steel cut oatmeal, with spinach, mushrooms and an egg.

Vanns whole grain waffles with peanut butter and sugar free syrup

Both stick to my ribs pretty well
  • BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    When I'm working, and in a hurry, it's usually one of these:
    - 40g Branflakes + 100ml Unsweetened Almond Milk + 75g chopped banana + 25g Blueberries.
    - 2 slices of granary toast, and spread with 30g hummus

At weekends or when I have a bit more time:
    - 2 x Veggie Sausages and 30g of sauteed mushrooms on a wholemeal roll

All served with either black or green tea. Because I'm British, and that's the law. ;)
  • shampbj
    shampbj Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ro57teyqy09k.png

This is my typical workday breakfast: one whole wheat waffle spread with 1 T. reduced sugar peanut butter. One hard boiled egg and one with just the egg white for extra protein, and a serving of fruit (I mix it up). Usually works out to be about 350 calories
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I don't do pictures well.

A burrito with 2 eggs and 2 ounces of turkey on an Ole Xtreme Wellness tortilla with a bit of saute'ed onion, jalapeno, and salsa with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese topping comes in at 300 calories.

A protein shake with 4 ounces of whole milk kefir and 50 grams of Body Fortress chocolate powder is 280 calories.

A sandwich of one egg, one piece of bacon, and 60 grams of homemade wheat bread with sriracha is about 290 calories, varying according to how you cut your homemade bread and how much sriracha you put on it.
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    • Two eggs over medium
    • Two thin sliced bacon strips or ~60g ham or some other piece of hog meat.
    • One slice Heiner's 35 calorie toast
    • One pat of butter
    • 11.25oz coffee with three splenda packets
    • One thick slice of tomato
    • One handful of medicine as needed :|
    Comes in at around 450 calories depending on the meat portion.

Add one good attitude and you are ready to meet the day. :)
  • TravellerRay
    TravellerRay Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This came from a book and I eat it regularly.

50 gms of smoked salmon. Scrambled eggs from 2 eggs and 4 tbls of milk. Very filling and low carb
  • federicafezza4271
    federicafezza4271 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    today I had:
    porridge made with 30g oats + 50g grated apple + 60g egg whites + 5 g peanut butter
    100 ml orange juice
    150 ml skim milk

it was around 300 calories