Keto coffee Love it or hate it?

Options
Today I had my first cup of keto coffee and I must say it was pretty damn good. Do you guys drink it everyday do you hate it? Let me know. 488etpzz2khp.jpg

Replies

• pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Keto coffee a version of the bullet proof coffee? If so did not know it had a name :)

I drink 2 shots of espresso, half cup of hot water, 2 tbls of unsalted butter, 1 tbls coconut oil and 1 packet of Stevia.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I love it, but the calories...ugh.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I tried it once, liked it, but it's not worth the calories for me. I would rather have a candy bar for the same caloric price if I have calories to spare, and it's more filling too.
  • CambrianExplosion
    Options
    Love it! Really brings out the flavour of the coffee and it helps me boost the fat in my diet. I always drank my coffee w/o any flavouring, so I leave out the cinnamon and stevia.
  • sae12
    sae12 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like it!
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    First of all, if you're going to do it, do it right. Get rid of the cream, the stevia and the cinnamon.

The whole point of this is to extend the body's natural state of ketosis through the morning hours until your midday meal. Whatever carbs you ate yesterday are burned overnight, so you are in ketosis normally when you awake. Feeding on fat first thing will extend that fat-burning period.

The Bulletproof method is to use 'clean' coffee beans, to eliminate the mold that's found in most coffee beans, because it messes with your mental clarity, supposedly. OK, if you're not willing to spend the extra money to buy clean coffee, I get that. But the idea is to use coffee, MCT oil (not just ANY coconut oil), and grassfed butter. The MCT oil is refined coconut oil that has more Medium Chain Triglycerides. Bulletproof Executive sells their own clean coffee beans and an MCT oil called Brain Octane; you can find several other similar MCT oils out there for less.

When I have used this, I brew 16 oz. of GOOD organic coffee, and add 2 Tbsp. of MCT oil and 2 Tbsp. of butter, and emulsify it in a blender. I never use sweetener because I find that it messes with my sense of sweet and induces cravings; the coconut is sweet enough. It adds up to around 480 calories, which is a meal for me. I only use this occasionally because I prefer to eat breakfast rather than drink it. It's really good for road trips, though...

And to answer your question directly, yes...I love it!

If I had the time (maybe later) I would link the article that says MCT Oil is no better than plain old unrefined coconut oil, and there are less than 1 gram of carbs in a Tbsp of heavy cream and lots of fat so it's perfectly fine for Keto. The OP never said "Bulletproof" coffee, they said "Keto" coffee.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    It does the trick. Love it
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I drink it every morning ....Folgers 100% Columbian 16 oz.. 3 Tbsp heavy cream ....2 Tbsp Torani sugar free vanilla syrup....1 Tbsp Kerrygold unsalted butter and 1 Tbsp Coconut oil .....It keeps me full until lunchtime :)
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I tried it once. Hated it. My mouth felt like it was coated with oil and fat for at least an hour after.

I definitely prefer eating fat over drinking it.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    I tried it once. Hated it. My mouth felt like it was coated with oil and fat for at least an hour after.

I definitely prefer eating fat over drinking it.

Keeps your lips nice
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Even thinking of it makes my stomach and intestines cramp.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I like that, but not all at once. Too many calories. I use stevia, cinnamon and then I rotate through coconut oil, coconut cream and whipping cream.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I tried it and I didn't like how it tasted and didn't feel all that full. I just like plain coffee black better
  • ExoticKaotic
    ExoticKaotic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This stuff is awesome. Gives me great energy! I take it as a before workout drink with 5 grams creatine monohydrate. Works and taste great!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Not only that, but there's no way I'm wasting that many calories on a cup of greasy coffee. I could eat a full breakfast on that many calories.
  • Brewtuz
    Brewtuz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    If I'm eating butter, cream, and coconut oil, I'm not wasting it on coffee.
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Not only that, but there's no way I'm wasting that many calories on a cup of greasy coffee. I could eat a full breakfast on that many calories.

It is a full breakfast lol I respect those opinions.