Tell me three things.

Options

Replies

• dindon68
    dindon68 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten bread for a month and my tummy measurement has shrunk by 4.5 inches.
    I bought a new car yesterday.
    I'm on week 5 of a couch to 10k plan, and I've realised I love running.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »
    1. I usually only dream when I have a fever and they are almost always nightmares.

2. I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine to breathe properly when I sleep. When I first started using it ~25 years ago and finally slept soundly for the first time in years, I had intense, vivid nightmares every night for weeks, every one about my mother. It freaked me out.

3. I have been married for nearly 30 years to someone who appears to be the opposite of my mother, but is just like her in the most problematic way. It took me many years of avoiding, ignoring, asking, explaining, arguing, pleading, and individual and couples therapy to fully understand and do something about it. I told her this week that I want to get divorced. I am 100% sure it is the right thing to do, but I am scared about the future.

Note: I did NOT expect to go there when I wrote #1. It took me three days to decide to hit "Post Reply".

For anyone expecting something random, light, and amusing, here is:

1. A duck: (dang, the duck emoticon broke MFP).

2. A story: At my first "real" job, I had to give a presentation to all of the company's senior executives. Shortly beforehand, I squatted down and split my cheap dress pants almost in two, from the bottom of the zipper all the way to the belt line in the back. I couldn't get out of the presentation and I couldn't give it with my tighty whities on full display, so I put on the dirty judo pants that were in my car--short, white, dirty, very baggy, heavy fabric things that only came down to about mid-calf. Thus, for my first professional presentation ever, I wore a shirt and tie, dirty high-water judo pants, black socks and black shoes. I looked like such an idiot that I'm quite certain nobody heard a word I said. I know I didn't. The good news is that I was less nervous giving presentations after that, because the worst had already happened and I could always think, "Well, at least I have pants on!"

3. Some advice: Life is short. Your first job is to take care of yourself. You can't do anything else well if you do not take care of that. As my son once told me (the same one from my earlier list), "You can't save someone else from drowning if you are the one who is under water."

This resonates in my soul lol. seriously though, very solid life advice right here.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    1. I feel a bit icky so I'm debating going shopping or exercising.
    2. Since I don't feel like driving very far exercise it is
    3. I'm excited for the dinner I'm going to make tonight
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I like mah kilt
    I like mah kilt
    I like mah kilt

yi08hd2f7rf2.jpg

I like your kilt too...

when you bend over.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up on the kilt
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    idk1970 wrote: »
    Thumbs up on the kilt

That's far better than thumbs up in the kilt.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    1. This office is freezing.
    2. I can't read through lengthy posts because my attention span is kind of short.
    3. I want this work week to be over and it just started.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    idk1970 wrote: »
    Thumbs up on the kilt

That's far better than thumbs up in the kilt.

I think it's worth noting some days I'm all thumbs
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    My phone is on 5%
    I'm gonna go now
    Might be back later
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    1. Just received a letter saying that my ex is forcing retroactive support payments to the tune of $3500 during a time I wasn't working. Contrary to a verbal agreement we had. On top of a doubling of payments that started 2 months ago.
    2. I admit that I feel completely and utterly defeated at the moment.
    3. When I move next week, I'll need to seek out 2-3 jobs to meet my responsibilities.

That's really rough. I'm sorry :(

• Carbkiller1970
    Options
    My phone is on 3%
    I haven't left yet
    I think I might have an addiction
  • Carbkiller1970
    Options
    1%
    I'm going cold turkey
    Unless I find the charger
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    1. I feel more confident when I am wearing eye make up.
    2. I really have no clue what I'm doing with cosmetics.
    3. I pretty much fail with hair, too.
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    I feel like I should run but I want to be lazy
    Torn about whether to have another cup of coffee
    Wanted to eat a bigger lunch but waited for my full signal to kick in
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    1. I get slightly annoyed when people have more than one go 'round in a thread that is simply titled "Tell me three things". Maybe it's just me but I didn't read it as "Tell me three hundred things" or "Tell me three things thirty more times". I guess I'm just salty this is my first entry in the thread and there's already 450 replies. It's like showing up to a dinner party and you see guests already going to work on the creme puffs.

2. I think if you've posted more than 3 things in this thread you probably need a diary with a locket.

3. It's rainy and I'm hangry (haingry?) so please forgive me. :heart: