Sriracha sauce - who knew!

Thanks to the lovely people here I've discovered Sriracha sauce. I read about it, searched for it and found that my UK supermarkets didn't have any, so I ordered it from Amazon. I'm in love. I've been having it on everything for the past week.

Any other UK'rs want to try this, I've just been to Aldi where they're selling it until it runs out.

Replies

• suzesvelte
    suzesvelte Posts: 134 Member
    what is it?
  • tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    edited February 2017
    It's a hot, garlicky chilli sauce with the consistency of tomato ketchup. I love hot sauce but have never found 'the one'. This one is it.
  • suzesvelte
    suzesvelte Posts: 134 Member
    Oh that sounds great, thanks -- off to Aldi tomorrow then!
  • jessicagreen1828
    jessicagreen1828 Posts: 133 Member
    Mmm Sriracha. So good.
  • kristynsflab
    kristynsflab Posts: 66 Member
    I pour it on everything!!! The day I found Sriracha Ketchup was a total game changer too!
  • jessicagreen1828
    jessicagreen1828 Posts: 133 Member
    Nice key chain sauce!!!!!!! Where did you find that!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Nice key chain sauce!!!!!!! Where did you find that!

Haha, thanks! I don't remember how I heard about it, but I bought it on Amazon.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    If you like Siracha sauce, you may also wish to try harissa. It's fabulous as well!

http://www.bestproducts.com/eats/food/g2031/harissa-paste-sauce-brands/
  • tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    Maddymama: Okay, that also sounds good. Going on the shopping list! :smiley:
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    I have to keep extras of our favorite hot sauces or there's a mutiny. Sriracha and Cholula.
  • CafeRacer808
    edited February 2017
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    I have to keep extras of our favorite hot sauces or there's a mutiny. Sriracha and Cholula.

Cholula over Tapatio?! Finally, something we disagree on... ;)

ETA: Sriracha is also great on mac n cheese, IMO.
  • earboy86
    earboy86 Posts: 4 Member
    Sriracha is a staple item in my fridge. I put it on sandwiches, vegetables, squirt it in hummus, add it to soups. You can do anything with it.
  • casiobarnes
    casiobarnes Posts: 78 Member
    So funny I should see this thread today! I was outraged ("outraged") as the grocery store today when they only had the normal sized (17 oz) bottles and I wanted the giant sized (28 oz) one, haha.

Sriracha is great! I'm glad you've discovered it!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited February 2017

So much for our streak!

I'm not familiar with this Tapatio. Explain. I will also Google.

ETA: An Amazon reviewer says this: "It whips the old hat Mr. Tabasco out of the park, but it still has a way to go before kicking Cholula or Sriracha out to the curb." LOL! I shall not be dissuaded.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited February 2017
    I love this documentary. It's a great story about the creator of sriracha.

https://youtu.be/OwHosscUPAk

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member

Yessssssssssssssssss. Also, if having cheese fries, sriracha elevates them to a whole new level of epic.

Sriracha + cheese + starch = love
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    I live on the south coast of the UK and I can always find Sriracha in the supermarkets locally. The brand pictured above with the dragon is usually in Tesco, Sainsbury's and Asda near where I live for about £3 for a large bottle. It's usually the only brand available but I like it so it makes me happy!!
  • CafeRacer808
    Sairzie wrote: »
    I live on the south coast of the UK and I can always find Sriracha in the supermarkets locally. The brand pictured above with the dragon is usually in Tesco, Sainsbury's and Asda near where I live for about £3 for a large bottle. It's usually the only brand available but I like it so it makes me happy!!

Just to clarify, the bottle in the image I posted above was sold empty and is not affiliated with a specific brand.

FWIW, I always buy the rooster version.