Sriracha sauce - who knew!

Options

Replies

• Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sairzie wrote: »
    I live on the south coast of the UK and I can always find Sriracha in the supermarkets locally. The brand pictured above with the dragon is usually in Tesco, Sainsbury's and Asda near where I live for about £3 for a large bottle. It's usually the only brand available but I like it so it makes me happy!!

Just to clarify, the bottle in the image I posted above was sold empty and is not affiliated with a specific brand.

FWIW, I always buy the rooster version.

My mistake....it's very similar graphic to the brand in the UK that I've most commonly seen around but just double checked and its not the same image.

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Yessssssssssssssssss. Also, if having cheese fries, sriracha elevates them to a whole new level of epic.

Sriracha + cheese + starch = love

You know what's up! It's also good when mixed with ketchup and added to chili cheese fries, especially if the chili is sub par. ;)

My mistake....it's very similar graphic to the brand in the UK that I've most commonly seen around but just double checked and its not the same image.

Oh, no worries. Just clarifying for everyone else so they don't get confused/disappointed when they go to buy the bottle online and realize it doesn't come loaded with Sriracha. ;)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    There's not much food served at my job that I can feel comfortable eating while trying to lose so I've been settling for pre-made ham sandwiches. Don't want to add many calories so I was using mustard. I was getting sick of mustard, so on a whim I squirted some sriracha into it and mixed it up. Total game changer. Now I'm drooling over my "boring" ham sandwich an hour before dinnertime.
  • Sairzie
    Options
    Yessssssssssssssssss. Also, if having cheese fries, sriracha elevates them to a whole new level of epic.

Sriracha + cheese + starch = love

You know what's up! It's also good when mixed with ketchup and added to chili cheese fries, especially if the chili is sub par. ;)

Oh, no worries. Just clarifying for everyone else so they don't get confused/disappointed when they go to buy the bottle online and realize it doesn't come loaded with Sriracha. ;)

Ha! Like me who now has a desperate desire to purchase a bottle to carry my Sriracha with me wherever I go! Awesome idea!!

• CafeRacer808
    Options

Ha! Like me who now has a desperate desire to purchase a bottle to carry my Sriracha with me wherever I go! Awesome idea!!

It really comes in handy. It's a pretty good conversation starter as well. Hahaha
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
  • tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You know you've got it bad when you're lying in bed dreaming of new ways of using sriracha to pep up old favourites. Next is hunters chicken with sriracha reinforced bbq sauce. I'll be having it on my porridge next!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    franks red hot is 10000x better
  • Sairzie
    Options
    Ok...I just had to go and repurchase this today because of this thread! For benefit of OP I found it in Tesco today in the sauces section so hopefully they'll have it in a supermarket near you soon!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    suzesvelte wrote: »
    what is it?

It's an Asian hot sauce
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Toung Ot Sriracha (the "rooster" brand), which is the real thing that started the whole sriracha craze, is made in SoCal, USA.

The company was founded and is still owned by a Vietnamese immigrant farmer, who grew hot peppers in Vietnam.

An amazing "only in America" success story. An interesting video about him and the product was aired w/Andrew Zimmern on Bizzare Foods. Clips should be available on the Net.

Incredible that you can now buy the product in the UK and elsewhere around the world. Probably even in Vietnam. LOL!
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    It is one my favorite things.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    Toung Ot Sriracha (the "rooster" brand), which is the real thing that started the whole sriracha craze, is made in SoCal, USA.

The company was founded and is still owned by a Vietnamese immigrant farmer, who grew hot peppers in Vietnam.

An amazing "only in America" success story. An interesting video about him and the product was aired w/Andrew Zimmern on Bizzare Foods. Clips should be available on the Net.

Incredible that you can now buy the product in the UK and elsewhere around the world. Probably even in Vietnam. LOL!

I would think that they likely make their own in Vietnam. A buddy of mine is Vietnamese and owns a restaurant and he makes his own as per his traditional family recipe.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    franks red hot is 10000x better

Not really. I use them both for different reasons. On wings I use Frank's and butter per the instructions. Try adding a squirt of Sirachi in with it! Yummy.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I couldn't live without Sriracha. It's great on eggs, pizza, tuna sandwiches, mixed with ketchup, on Chinese food...I could go on and on. I love it so much and use it so often that I keep this refillable bottle clipped to my work bag. :)

xr0t5vszj4br.jpg

I've never seen the keychain but will get it now, thank you for sharing.
  • wndlady
    wndlady Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Does it taste like ketchup? I love salsa and spicy foods, but hate ketchup.
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    wndlady wrote: »
    Does it taste like ketchup? I love salsa and spicy foods, but hate ketchup.

There's no tomato or tomato sauce in Sriracha, so no...it doesn't taste like ketchup. :)
  • CafeRacer808
    Options
    Also, if you ever see this in the grocery store, buy it! It's really good.

83p1a8vmqio0.jpg
  • coboblack
    coboblack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Man, that is on my eggs and 80% of my food daily lol

5heqp1jumda3.jpg
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    It's great cooked in Oatmeal and a tablespoon of soy sauce. Add some cashews and a fried egg.