Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

1424345474853

Replies

  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,073 Member
    1. People who don't rerack weights (where they GO!!!)
    2. People that don't wipe down equipment when they're done
    3. Sitting on machines texting or talking and not using the machine.....
    4. Guys who decide that I "need a spotter" on everything. How exactly do you "spot" a farmers carry????
    5. Doing anything other than squats in the squat rack.
    6. Lack of deodorant/lack of personal hygiene
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited September 2018
    People need to wait until im done working out to sign autigraphs and take pics with them! ;)
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    Be in it. Oh wait, I have a home gym so there's never any other humans there. Sometimes one of my dogs though :) I sort of want to go back to a gym but then I read these threads and appreciate my solitude!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    kaizaku wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Have any of you ever used a machine and have someone straight away ask, how many. Sets left? So many experts in the gym come running to tell you how to do the exercise? Stalking people stand in front of you and stare?

    So many machines /bench have dripping sweat all over and no one wipes after use. Anyone else had those issues?

    Yes!! I relate to that with the questions and feeling rushed. Or they wait with their arms crossed and stand in front of you. Entitled mothas. Good news though I pretty much made my own gym at home. Bought an elliptical, treadmill and dumbbells so far.

    I know, standing with their arms crossed. Lol i tried ignoring but some have the nerve to tap on my shoulders with their sweaty hands. No one should touch anyone in any kind of way.

    OMG. If anybody touched me, I'd probably go berserk. I can't stand strangers touching me! :o:s:#

    I almost blew my head gasket 😁 when I was touched. I already hate using machine with sweat on it, imagine the sweaty hand. You would have laughed if you saw me when I turned towards him. I think he was shocked lol
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Dudes bathed in body spray. My gym is old school, no blasting AC, just fans and hopefully open doors. So when these guys start to sweat, the smell becomes unbearable. I would prefer body odor.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    PWRLFTR1 wrote: »
    Dudes bathed in body spray. My gym is old school, no blasting AC, just fans and hopefully open doors. So when these guys start to sweat, the smell becomes unbearable. I would prefer body odor.

    I use to go to an old school gym. Men only, no ac. During the summer was the worst. The thought of it makes me sick. So many don't use odour spray.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    When I go to touch a machine and it’s covered in sweat.

    Another one is when all I can hear are people dropping weights. Why can you just place them on the floor? Why do you have to drop them?

    sometimes yes, Yes I do have to drop them.. just sayin
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    @JDMac82 wrote: »
    Geardo peeps with all the gloves, wraps, belt, etc... on the cardio equipment.
    Prissy Pants all dolled up in the gym.
    The interrupter
    The hey Im not done with that yet........
    The ones on the cardio eqpt whom go for an hour, make it a mile, only thing drained is there cell battery.
    Chatty Charlie / Kathy its the gym not social hour

    Now that being said, I will gladly help someone, or if i see someone doing something unsafe I will offer a suggestion or assistance.

    I guess Im Safety Stan guy..... haha

    I'd expect nothing less from you! Do you also give random safety briefs to people walking in?
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    mizroxy13 wrote: »
    I work at a gym. Where do I begin...

    You can start by how people leave their weights on the floor, with a puddle of sweat on the bench lol
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 2,824 Member
    @JDMac82 wrote: »
    Geardo peeps with all the gloves, wraps, belt, etc... on the cardio equipment.
    Prissy Pants all dolled up in the gym.
    The interrupter
    The hey Im not done with that yet........
    The ones on the cardio eqpt whom go for an hour, make it a mile, only thing drained is there cell battery.
    Chatty Charlie / Kathy its the gym not social hour

    Now that being said, I will gladly help someone, or if i see someone doing something unsafe I will offer a suggestion or assistance.

    I guess Im Safety Stan guy..... haha

    I'd expect nothing less from you! Do you also give random safety briefs to people walking in?

    Well i mean id rather not see someone hyper extend / snap a leg on the leg press.......................

    Squatting knees well ahead of toes..... (bye bye knees)

    I only give safety briefs on Fridays........ come on now CHP!
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    JDMac82 wrote: »
    @JDMac82 wrote: »
    Geardo peeps with all the gloves, wraps, belt, etc... on the cardio equipment.
    Prissy Pants all dolled up in the gym.
    The interrupter
    The hey Im not done with that yet........
    The ones on the cardio eqpt whom go for an hour, make it a mile, only thing drained is there cell battery.
    Chatty Charlie / Kathy its the gym not social hour

    Now that being said, I will gladly help someone, or if i see someone doing something unsafe I will offer a suggestion or assistance.

    I guess Im Safety Stan guy..... haha

    I'd expect nothing less from you! Do you also give random safety briefs to people walking in?

    Well i mean id rather not see someone hyper extend / snap a leg on the leg press.......................

    Squatting knees well ahead of toes..... (bye bye knees)

    I only give safety briefs on Fridays........ come on now CHP!

    :D:D only on Fridays? I mean that is the norm. I figured you would be an overachiever.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 2,824 Member
    JDMac82 wrote: »
    @JDMac82 wrote: »
    Geardo peeps with all the gloves, wraps, belt, etc... on the cardio equipment.
    Prissy Pants all dolled up in the gym.
    The interrupter
    The hey Im not done with that yet........
    The ones on the cardio eqpt whom go for an hour, make it a mile, only thing drained is there cell battery.
    Chatty Charlie / Kathy its the gym not social hour

    Now that being said, I will gladly help someone, or if i see someone doing something unsafe I will offer a suggestion or assistance.

    I guess Im Safety Stan guy..... haha

    I'd expect nothing less from you! Do you also give random safety briefs to people walking in?

    Well i mean id rather not see someone hyper extend / snap a leg on the leg press.......................

    Squatting knees well ahead of toes..... (bye bye knees)

    I only give safety briefs on Fridays........ come on now CHP!

    :D:D only on Fridays? I mean that is the norm. I figured you would be an overachiever.

    I mean everyone is a safety.......................
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    mmapags wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    ...When I got up and finished, I overheard them say, "if she even is a woman." One of the muscular dudes jumped up and loudly defended me saying, "some people don't know how long someone has been working on at this and what is possible!" I was cool about it, because I'm very feminine looking, so I knew they knew I was a woman, and they were just trying to calm their hurt egos.

    LOL. This reminds me of a young, not-so-fit couple who were working out near me a couple of months ago. The woman was facing away and couldn't see me. They were giggling about something. They thought they were being quiet, but their voices carried. The woman was complaining about how this weight training stuff just isn't for her. "You get all muscle-y and everything." They continued on with their conversation.

    A minute later I heard him say, "There's one of them now." I was resting in between sets. When I rest, I do stretches. I looked up from my stretch to see who the guy was talking about. I got eye contact and he looks away and tells his girl "Never mind! Don't look, don't look!" The woman says, "Eew. How BAD is it?" He responds, "Not too bad. She's pretty proportional, actually." I was the only "she" around, so I knew they were talking about me. Which is hilarious, since I'm not built. I couldn't help but smirk. After a few half-hearted attempts to move weights around, they wandered away. I don't know if she ever got a good look at me, because I got distracted by a really good song coming on and I was busy doing stuff. I hope she wasn't too grossed out by my fit body. LOL.

    I was surprised by this, since I've never actually heard people talking smack about others in real life in the gym before. I think it's more a reflection on them than anything. I could have been offended, but I took it more as a compliment, because I am rather well-proportioned. He's not wrong. ;)

    Not MUSCLE - Y and EVERYTHING!

    I know people talk about me because I pick up snippets between song changes. Mostly men evaluating my body and women laughing at me because I enjoy my workout. (Look at her moving like that on the treadmill! giggles.) I actually had people come up to me and give me training advice and tell me how much I've been usually lifting (as in, they are watching enough to notice patterns).

    I notice men taking creep shots sometimes, but the creepiest was at my other gym when my gymnastics instructors said they were watching old tapes of me and seeing how far I'd progressed. It was the first time I noticed there were cameras. It weirded me out that there was a group of people not only talking about me outside of my presence, but also spending time watching tape of me across time. Which I would feel better about if every class wasn't soaked with sexual banter. They probably check tape for progress for most of their students, right?
    Wow! It must be so hard to be you.....

    Sometimes I day dream and pretend that I'm princess Kate. I think about how awful it must be to have all those adoring fans and beautiful chanel clothes. I think this might be a princess Kate type of thing! Lol
  • 100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    ...When I got up and finished, I overheard them say, "if she even is a woman." One of the muscular dudes jumped up and loudly defended me saying, "some people don't know how long someone has been working on at this and what is possible!" I was cool about it, because I'm very feminine looking, so I knew they knew I was a woman, and they were just trying to calm their hurt egos.

    LOL. This reminds me of a young, not-so-fit couple who were working out near me a couple of months ago. The woman was facing away and couldn't see me. They were giggling about something. They thought they were being quiet, but their voices carried. The woman was complaining about how this weight training stuff just isn't for her. "You get all muscle-y and everything." They continued on with their conversation.

    A minute later I heard him say, "There's one of them now." I was resting in between sets. When I rest, I do stretches. I looked up from my stretch to see who the guy was talking about. I got eye contact and he looks away and tells his girl "Never mind! Don't look, don't look!" The woman says, "Eew. How BAD is it?" He responds, "Not too bad. She's pretty proportional, actually." I was the only "she" around, so I knew they were talking about me. Which is hilarious, since I'm not built. I couldn't help but smirk. After a few half-hearted attempts to move weights around, they wandered away. I don't know if she ever got a good look at me, because I got distracted by a really good song coming on and I was busy doing stuff. I hope she wasn't too grossed out by my fit body. LOL.

    I was surprised by this, since I've never actually heard people talking smack about others in real life in the gym before. I think it's more a reflection on them than anything. I could have been offended, but I took it more as a compliment, because I am rather well-proportioned. He's not wrong. ;)

    Not MUSCLE - Y and EVERYTHING!

    I know people talk about me because I pick up snippets between song changes. Mostly men evaluating my body and women laughing at me because I enjoy my workout. (Look at her moving like that on the treadmill! giggles.) I actually had people come up to me and give me training advice and tell me how much I've been usually lifting (as in, they are watching enough to notice patterns).

    I notice men taking creep shots sometimes, but the creepiest was at my other gym when my gymnastics instructors said they were watching old tapes of me and seeing how far I'd progressed. It was the first time I noticed there were cameras. It weirded me out that there was a group of people not only talking about me outside of my presence, but also spending time watching tape of me across time. Which I would feel better about if every class wasn't soaked with sexual banter. They probably check tape for progress for most of their students, right?
    Wow! It must be so hard to be you.....

    Sometimes I day dream and pretend that I'm princess Kate. I think about how awful it must be to have all those adoring fans and beautiful chanel clothes. I think this might be a princess Kate type of thing! Lol

    I'm flattered, thank you.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    The other day, I was working on my shoulder doing a lateral raise. A dummy was next to me knowing what I was doing. I almost smacked him with the weight. If I smacked him, would that be considered an assault? Lol
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,243 Member
    mizroxy13 wrote: »
    I work at a gym. Where do I begin...

    at the beginning ?
  • momoftwins985
    momoftwins985 Posts: 653 Member
    Basic gym etiquette being thrown out the window. Or men stealing equipment thinking I won’t say something because I’m a woman