What do you eat in a day typically?

2»

Replies

• gravylover
    gravylover Posts: 5 Member
    MFP allows me for 1400 calories. My breakfasts are pretty much the same 30g of gluten free cornflakes, 2 tablespoons of alpro plain yogurt, 100ml semi skim milk and berries. Snacks,bananas, rice cakes or a handful of mixed nuts. Lunch,boiled egg and either gluten free bagel,thins or bread with dairy free spread. Dinner lean meat or fish, veg and either rice, potatoes (sweet or normal) or gluten free pasta. Drinks, water or decaff tea. Treats 3 squares of chocolate. I need a fairly low fibre diet.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited February 2017
    OP: Feel free to peruse my diaries for the past year.

I have evolved somewhat in that time. My GF and I have been heavily influenced by Michael Pollan's work, as well as the Whole30 protocol, so we try our best to create meals that are 2 to 5 servings of veggies, a palm-sized protein serving, and one or two servings of healthy fats.

My breakfasts are typically eggs, maybe some bacon, and either veggies in the eggs, or on the side, or a serving or two of fruit.

Lunch is usually a large salad of raw greens and assorted veggies, homemade dressings, and a serving of meat.

Dinner could be a similar meal to lunch, or at this time of year we tend to eat more winter vegetables, which we roast in a little oil and herbs - sweet potatoes, beets, turnips, parsnips, carrots, squash, Brussel sprouts, etc. - with a serving of meat and some healthy fats.

Snacks range from unsalted nuts (roasted or raw), Larabars (in MODERATION), fruit, mostly berries, once in a while a half-ounce of dark chocolate, olives, Epic meat bars...

Drinks are limited to morning black coffee, filtered water (home and office), herbal teas, and an occasional La Croix sparkling water. I have been known to indulge in a glass of good Merlot or Cabernet once in a while, at parties.

Supplements:
    Garden Of Life Men's Formula
    Nordic Naturals Fish Oil (2000 mg)
    Jarrow vitamin D (2500 IU)
    Natural Factors 12/12 probiotic
    Rainbow Light Calcium/Magnesium (600/300 mg)
    GNC vitamin C (1000 mg)
    GNC Turmeric (750 mg)

Anyone wants to be friends and discuss WOEs and recipes, etc., feel free to add me.
  • devinnn0728
    devinnn0728 Posts: 31 Member
    Wow! So many wonderful meal ideas and tips. Thank you all so much. I truly appreciate it. Feel free to add me. :)
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Typical day for me:

Breakfast:

Chobani Greek yogurt
    -or-
    Shredded Wheat with milk

AM Snack:

8 unsalted almonds

Lunch:

Tuna wrap made with lavash as the wrap
    Fruit (a banana, apple or orange)
    Mini chocolate bar

PM Snack:

Hummus and vegetables

Dinner:

Meat or fish
    Sometimes a bit of potato or rice
    Vegetables
    Salad with a variety of vegetables (I usually do green leaf lettuce, arugula, grated carrots, grated beets, sliced mushrooms, zucchini and a home made Balsamic with a sprinkling of either Parmesan or Bleu Cheese)
    Two glasses of wine
    Some type of dessert (a few pieces of dark chocolate; yogurt; a homemade cookie; etc.)

All of that fits in the my daily goal and usually comes in under my goal.

Here are a couple of dinners. A lavash pizza...the other is scallops.

49ssdyhlr0y1.jpg
    vhq8mg2ps9t1.jpg

• tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    I added u as a friend so u can see my diary. Few free to browse around!!