Low calorie breakfasts

Options
Hey, anyone got any suggestions for a low calorie breakfast!! Needs to be very low as normally only have one slice of toast. Thanks laura

Replies

• jahirul_tusar
    jahirul_tusar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My daily breakfast: Oat 50 gm, 3 medium boiled egg white, a cup of green tea.. altogether around 250 calories which is high in protein and fibre.. hope it will help.. T
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Plain Cheerios, unsweetened almond milk/or skim milk, piece of fruit or berries.
    Depending on the fruit, either a little over 200 calories, or a little under 200 calories.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I had a bagel thin with 2 tbsp cream cheese this morning, 170 cals.
    Packet of oatmeal is like 130 calories.
    Eggs are what, 70 calories?

There are lots of options... it's all about portion/serving sizes.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Fruit and toast, fruit and yogurt, fruit and benevolent bacon, fruit and cereal.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I also just do coffee with almond milk...I save the rest of my calories for later in the day. Works well for me. If I get hungry, it's usually around 10 am and I will have an apple and maybe some chicken.
  • escvelocity77
    escvelocity77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had 2 slices of Aunt Millie's potato bread (35 calories a slice, 70 cal total), Kroger brand just fruit blackberry spread (35 Calories per tbsp) and black coffee, today,100 calories total. For something more substantial, you could do 2 slices of potato bread (70 cal) 4 slices of lean smoked deli sliced ham (Kroger brand is 47 cal for 4 slices) 1 slice of Sargento Garlic and herb Jack (70 cal) Toasted. Add mustard or honey mustard and a bunch of baby spinach (15 cal) 202 calories total. :smiley:
  • amw5471
    amw5471 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I do scrambled egg whites with laughing cow cheese most days and then later on in the morning I'll do either yogurt or oatmeal/cream of rice. Ends up being around 200 calories and I am splitting up my meal.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person so usually I have a PB sandwich, 2 70calorie slices of bread, and 1tbspn of Peter pan whipped pb about 70cal. If I'm feeling extra hungry (usually), I'll go to 3 slices and 2 tblspn
  • emmabryant627
    emmabryant627 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    40g of porridge oats
    100ml of semi-skimmed milk
    And one banana
    Totalling to 289 calories! Which is great because it's easy to make (I like to make mine in the microwave) and very filling!☺
  • Bailey92010
    Bailey92010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    rdc1913 wrote: »
    6grd05uzs4lo.jpg

292 calories, very filling
    2 Scrambled eggs, spinach, 2-chopped turkey sausage patties, 2 tablespoons of pico de gallo, one stick of light string cheese

You could lower the calories by eliminating the cheese and/or using egg whites

What brand of turkey sausage do you use?
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am lacking time in the mornings usually so sometimes it's a container of Greek yogurt and a k cup other mornings a slice of toast with blackberry jam and a k cup and rarely a premade egg muffin cup. The egg cups I premake with ham and spinach in a muffin tin then freeze and keep a few on the fridge as well
  • my5pumpkins
    my5pumpkins Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is 1/2 grapefruit and 1/5 Dannon Oikos 0% fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt around 130 calories
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Black or with a bit of cream and sugar.
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have my coffee and have started having a smoothie to take to work. 1/2 cup of almond milk, 1/2 cup frozen berries, 1/2 cottage cheese. its about 170 cals and at 10 I have one boiled egg. That puts me thru till 12, lunch. I dont get hungry and that is huge for me.
  • rdc1913
    rdc1913 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use Butterball Natural Inspirations turkey sausage patties. I think they're 90 calories a serving (2 patties).
  • lisajeaninewinett
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting to have morning veggies. You can eat a lot and still keep it under 200 calories. Being able to eat enough to satisfy is kind of important to me, although there is something to be said about not needing so much food.
  • karobines
    karobines Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a 100 cal multigrain English muffin, 3tbs of eggwhites (I bought the carton - ahh!), and a slice of reduced fat Sargento provolone. Added some fun Italian spices to the egg and voila! 175 calorie breakfast sandwich.

Now I just need a calorie-free orange juice and i'll be all set ;)