Low calorie breakfasts

Options

Replies

• aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I have a yummy yogurt parfait for breakfast every day. 70 grams of fresh or frozen blueberries; a 5.3 oz container of Trader Joe's vanilla Greek yogurt; topped with 1 oz of granola. All kinds of great textures, decent amount of protein and 271 calories. It keeps me full until lunchtime.
  • Misnomer971
    Misnomer971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Plain Cheerios, unsweetened almond milk/or skim milk
    I second this: my breakfast every morning is 36-42g of plain Cheerios and 1/2 cup of 1% milk. On weekdays I use a pre-packaged cup of Cheerios (36g) for speed and convenience: that plus the milk is 185 calories. On weekends or when I work from home I pour 1.5 cups (42g) of Cheerios out of the box, and then I'm looking at 205 calories (including the milk).

My mid-morning snack, which some might include/count as breakfast, is usually 80 calories of Greek yogurt: before lunch I've had only 265-285 calories.
  • lisajeaninewinett
    lisajeaninewinett Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Breakfast today:

3oz breakfast steak
    2 fried eggs (take these out for 180 less calories)
    1 cup red bell pepper
    1/4 cup yellow onion
    2 c coffee w/ 1/4c half and half

Calorie count is about 350. revised: 450
    breakfast minus eggs: 270 calories

This is a perfect breakfast for my exercise days. If I wanted to slim it down I could cut out the steak or the eggs.

Hmm...looking at the calorie count again, this site says two fried eggs is 90 calories, but just googleing the calorie count it says 1 fried egg is 90 calories. probably 1@90 is right, so for low cal take out the eggs.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Hey, anyone got any suggestions for a low calorie breakfast!! Needs to be very low as normally only have one slice of toast. Thanks laura

1 egg
    3 servings of egg whites
    that's 200 kcal or something

1 serving of cottage cheese = 80 - 120 kcal
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I have a whole mango for breakfast, about 200 cals :]
  • AnarchistKitchen
    AnarchistKitchen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Fruit smoothie bowls! I love refreshing breakfasts. Plus if you were starting your day on toast then maybe carbs are your preferred ways to start the day? Aldi sells frozen fruit really cheap. A couple bags would get you through the work week.

https://richbitchcooking.wordpress.com/2017/01/15/vegan-what-i-eat-in-a-day-asian-inspired-7/
    1b7ll6ybvscs.jpg

https://richbitchcooking.wordpress.com/2017/01/29/vegan-what-i-eat-in-a-day-indian-9/
    k8fingqxjo3d.jpg

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    EVOL egg white, kale goat cheese sandwich is a delicious 160 cals with a Greek yogurt and berries
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    This morning I had oatmeal and over-easy eggs ... 1/4 cup old fashioned oats cooked up with 1/2 cup water and topped with 2 large eggs cooked in 1 pat of butter and sprinkled on with a pinch of kosher salt and a couple grindings black pepper. And 2 cups of water before I ate. Plus 1 cup of coffee as a chaser. 231 calories and I was fine for 3 hours before I thought about food again ... and I wasn't really hungry yet, but was starting to think about lunch.
  • crvynatrlbeauty
    crvynatrlbeauty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I pre make muffin tin omelettes. I add in whatever veggies I want into a muffin tin and mix the eggs and a splash of milk together and pour it into the muffin tin with the veggies and top with cheese. I bake them for 20-25min and then have them in the fridge for the week. I usually eat 2 for breakfast and they are about 150 cal for 2, depending what you put in them. They keep me full till lunch.

I LOVE THIS IDEA!! I will hopefully be able to implement this recipe this week.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I usually have a Dannon Light N Fit Greek Yogurt (80 C / 12 P) and a Quest bar (110-180 C / 12-20 P)

Simple, but effective when you're in a hurry and need to get to work or the gym
  • Wadeeee
    Wadeeee Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've enjoyed a packet of instant grits (100 calories if prepared with water instead of milk) and a Cracker Barrel maple sausage patty (140 calories). Turkey sausage would be even less calories, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm a believer in pork sausage. ;)
  • doctorcarrigan
    doctorcarrigan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I normally have one cup of Kashi go lean original with one cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. 174 calories altogether
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    A poached egg on a piece of rye toast with no butter and a banana. 55 calories for the bread and 70 for the egg and about 110 for the banana. M It was low cal and filling. It fuelled me for a run and then some.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    2 fried eggs on a slice of whole grain toast

Egg sandwich made with multigrain English muffin, fried egg, a slice of cheese, and a slice of Canadian bacon

Whole milk yogurt, strawberries, and sliced almonds

An apple with an ounce of cheese
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    So many creative answers, I love it!

Hopefully, this will inspire the OP to stop eating just a piece of toast for breakfast. I mean, geeze!
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I pre make muffin tin omelettes. I add in whatever veggies I want into a muffin tin and mix the eggs and a splash of milk together and pour it into the muffin tin with the veggies and top with cheese. I bake them for 20-25min and then have them in the fridge for the week. I usually eat 2 for breakfast and they are about 150 cal for 2, depending what you put in them. They keep me full till lunch.

Agree...these are a great time saver if you make them up on the weekend to have throughout the week. Other times I'll boil a dozen eggs on the weekend to have during the week. On those mornings, I'll have a couple of boiled egg whites, and a banana with some PB2 (powdered peanut butter). If I'm splurging, I'll have a 100 cal English Muffin with an Apple Maple Veggie Sausage patty by Hilary's Foods. That's what they're called, though it's a stretch to think of them as sausage. All of these options have a good amount of protein, so it holds me until lunch without needing to snack (well rarely anyway).
  • DanicaRay817
    DanicaRay817 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually have a packet of Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal and a glass of milk. Always fills me up and is really small
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Hey, anyone got any suggestions for a low calorie breakfast!! Needs to be very low as normally only have one slice of toast. Thanks laura

I like toast. Do you not want a slice of toast for breakfast any more, OP?