Options
13»

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I started at 44 inches, lost fat while lifting and got them down to 37 (top two pics), then built back up to 40 (bottom pics) while lifting in a surplus. Here is the 37 to 40 transformation. During the initial loss I mostly did power/strength lifting. I did a lot of hip thrusts, cable pull throughs, etc (stuff from Strong Curves) in addition to my power lifting during the surplus.

gsosslilibi3.jpg

Love transformation
    What is cable pull throughs ??

You have to google it. It's hard to explain. Pull the cable through your legs yo. With some heavy weight on. For relatively high reps (8-15)

Thanks ..

That first transformation is that actually possible?? Does butt seem bigger because legs in different position??

I'm wondering if maybe I'm hoping for something that will never happen

You mean from the 44 inches to the 37? I didn't post that. The top two pics are 37 inches, the bottom two are 40.

I am heavier overall. I GAINED like...15 lbs almost. My legs are bigger, and my butt is clearly bigger. My waist is also bigger and so are my arms.

I don't have a good example of the initial loss. My butt was HUGE, but not nice. So I got skinny. People asked me what I was doing, losing my "curves". I was like "shut up, and watch". Built it back up with some muscle.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    I started at 44 inches, lost fat while lifting and got them down to 37 (top two pics), then built back up to 40 (bottom pics) while lifting in a surplus. Here is the 37 to 40 transformation. During the initial loss I mostly did power/strength lifting. I did a lot of hip thrusts, cable pull throughs, etc (stuff from Strong Curves) in addition to my power lifting during the surplus.

gsosslilibi3.jpg

Love transformation

You have to google it. It's hard to explain. Pull the cable through your legs yo. With some heavy weight on. For relatively high reps (8-15)

This is gonna be a weird question...I tried those and the cable kept hitting between my legs and making contact with my nether regions. Is that par for the course or was the weight not heavy enough?

It doesn't touch my vagina, no. You are set up wrong.

I will watch more how-to videos. Thanks!

Just watch Bret Contreras do it. I feel like someone such as Stephanie Rowe would have a good video too.
  • canteronkat
    canteronkat Posts: 126 Member
    Options

gsosslilibi3.jpg

Love transformation

Thanks ..

That first transformation is that actually possible?? Does butt seem bigger because legs in different position??

You mean from the 44 inches to the 37? I didn't post that. The top two pics are 37 inches, the bottom two are 40.

I am heavier overall. I GAINED like...15 lbs almost. My legs are bigger, and my butt is clearly bigger. My waist is also bigger and so are my arms.

I don't have a good example of the initial loss. My butt was HUGE, but not nice. So I got skinny. People asked me what I was doing, losing my "curves". I was like "shut up, and watch". Built it back up with some muscle.

Sorry I was talking on first page other chick who posted her butt pictures. Is that just angle of picture
  • bbell1985
    Options

gsosslilibi3.jpg

Love transformation

Thanks ..

Sorry I was talking on first page other chick who posted her butt pictures. Is that just angle of picture

A little bit yes, a little bit no.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Squat/Bench/Deadlift...the bench part won't help your butt, but do it anyway.

Eat more, lift heavy, and lighter weight/higher reps. I mixed low rep/high weight and high rep/lower weight hip thrusts into my strength program. My butt is huge now.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    for my short answer:
    lift heavy!
    eat lots of protein!
    cut out cardio!

squats, deadlifts, glute bridges, donkey kicks and hip thrusts are your best friends.

this is the first photo i took in August 2015 vs one of my most recent January 2017.

h6j2z9fwxwcy.jpg

Wow that is amazing result. When you say lift heavy what do mean??? How you know what is heavy for you? Should it be struggle to do each set ?

start small and slowly work your way up. basically, just start lifting is what i mean. when i started i could barely squat 80 lbs without struggling. now i can squat twice my body weight!
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I can't help but @sardelsa and @toned_thugs_n_harmony definitely know what they are doing and might be able to help

aww honored you'd think of me and my booty! :lol:

Keep feeling honored, lots more of us are thinking about you and your boots now
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

gsosslilibi3.jpg

Love transformation

Thanks ..

were you asking me? cause it's definitely possible. angles don't hurt, but even the best angle won't miraculously make that kind of progress. that's 100% lifting.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

gsosslilibi3.jpg

Love transformation

Would kettlebell swings be a similar exercise?
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

gsosslilibi3.jpg

Love transformation

Thanks ..

were you asking me? cause it's definitely possible. angles don't hurt, but even the best angle won't miraculously make that kind of progress. that's 100% lifting.

Maybe we just need to see it from more angles... you know, for science
  • canteronkat
    canteronkat Posts: 126 Member
    Options

gsosslilibi3.jpg

Love transformation

Thanks ..

Really want an *kitten* like yours