Speedos?

Options

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I think what makes them often NOT look good, or rather, what many people might find off-putting, is that the lining underneath is just insufficient to hide the shapes (even, textures) they contain. Gotta pack it up in public!

After years of boys and men in teensy track shorts, dancing tights, and lightweight yoga pants, I've learned not to stare down there. It isn't any worse than what shows in some of the skimpy outfits that women wear.

Hmm, I don't think we're quite as generous with our gens in bikinis as men are in the speedos.

I don't mean to stare and stop if I find myself doing it, it's just sort of right in the middle of a person, there, though, isn't it? Looking like a bag of melted crayons.

It's a body part.

Joke: what's better than roses on the piano?

(tulips, organ, hardy har.)

yeah, it's a body part, and? i still think it looks unappealing, all mashed up in there, like a bag of rotten onions

like a bag of baby elephants that fell into a blender

like a bag of sick

i think if it were all unfolded, and covered with something like a long tuque, i might feel differently, maybe.

(it's not that i'm delicate, i just think it's aesthetically challenging.)

It doesn't look like those things to me, and I don't feel that I'm unduly forced to look if someone wears tight swim trunks.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    In for more pictures of Daniel Craig in swim panties.

Me too!
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Go 007 styles

daniel-craig-james-bond-swimming-trunks.jpg
    omnomnom...
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Even at my thinnest and most muscular days on the swim team my Speedo was not flattering. I had a 6 pack and was around 9% body fat.

Speedo = No No

Agree, not attractive
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I prefer the look of bikini underwear on a man (no thongs, please; butt-floss is a hygiene nightmare on anyone!), so why not a bikini swimsuit?

I've seen bits and pieces before. I'm not offended. And I can always look somewhere else.

Same goes for body hair. We're real people, not marble statues.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFof4d2vp1_uGp_NDEhugu2ZTiOKyoPYKWe9w9b0T1lxi-_bW1
  • workoutdood
    workoutdood Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    nice
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I say it's the looker's problem to deal with. there's nothing worse than SAND...
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    I prefer the look of bikini underwear on a man (no thongs, please; butt-floss is a hygiene nightmare on anyone!), so why not a bikini swimsuit?

I've seen bits and pieces before. I'm not offended. And I can always look somewhere else.

Same goes for body hair. We're real people, not marble statues.

what's the the problem in having an extra bit of lining in the crotch? craigian bulge = manly, attractive. jingle-jangle on the wrong person = a little too much reality. there's only so much of most strangers i want to get to know off the bat. so to speak.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Please don't. I don't care if you're packing an anaconda. A speedo is just not attractive.

She said it all :)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    x_3aeb7ee1.jpg
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Go 007 styles

This. Some people look at me like I'm weird...but they're just jealous of my legs. boardshorts are for 12 year old boys and surfers.

I agree. Go you!
  • workoutdood
    Options
    looks almost like a 50 : 50 split..
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I say it's the looker's problem to deal with. there's nothing worse than SAND...

Robin Williams once did a bit about a chick who got sand in her thong,took a walk on the beach and sawed herself in half.
  • workoutdood
    Options
    Bump
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Banana hammock?? :noway: No. Just no.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Go 007 styles

This. Some people look at me like I'm weird...but they're just jealous of my legs. boardshorts are for 12 year old boys and surfers.

I agree. Go you!

Um. They're probably not lookin at the legs.
  • workoutdood
    Options
    Wore a speedo to the beach today. Based on reactions, I'd guess significantly more women like them as opposed to board shorts, and I even got a few complements.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Depends if he looks like he stuffed an Anaconda down his speedo then yes we should encourage it. If it looks like a thumb sticking up then NO NO we should not encourage it.

If he's 50 or over and it looks like he's dragging bowling balls in his speedo then No and we should emphatically discourage it.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    My grandma used to call them "plum smugglers". lol
    Speedos are fabulous on days when I'm mentally tired and don't want to have to expend energy imagining what he might bring to the party...

Oh come on. Some guys show, and some guys grow. Plus it's usually a little cold where men are wearing speedos...

For the record: NO on the wearing of Speedos as normal beach wear. Athletic competitions are okay.

Oh no they dont give us a break so they get no excuses...grower, pffffft :grumble: