Anyone Keto?

Options
If you are keto, what's your eating like?

Replies

• brighteststitcher
    brighteststitcher Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second week 1 of ket and my day of eating today looked like this: bullet proof coffee for breakfast (1 tablespoon kerrygold butter, 2 oz half and half, blended). You might want to work up to a liquid breakfast. I had a handful of almonds later in the morning to hold me over. For lunch I had romaine with lettuce, roast chicken, bacon bits, deviled eggs, and homemade ranch. For lunch I had cauliflower mash, broccoli florets with butter and cheese, and a few slices of bacon. I also had a latte I made with half and half. I actually went a little over on carbs today 34 total and 22 net. The low carb daily forum is a good one, and there are also groups on fb you can join that are really helpful for questions like this.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I eat like most people but I skip the sugars and starchy foods. Dinner was pulled pork without the bun, with a side of broccoli and cheese, some homemade chicken fingers (with parmesan and flax meal coating), and some carrots and peas with butter. Breakfast was bacon and part of a coconut flour/protein powder pancake with butter, and coffee with coconut cream. Lunch... Huh, I forgot lunch.

I skip sugars (syrup, honey, ingredients ending in "ose" or "extrin"), flours, whole grains (corn, oats, rice), and I really limit sugary tropical fruit and starchy root vegetables. I eat a lot of meats, full fat dairy (cheese, 14% sour cream, 35% whipping cream, butter), coconut (oil, cream, shredded), nuts, olives, and veggies.

The group linked above is a good one to go too for more experiences. Good luck.