Understanding my pounds and ounce food weighing scale

vparker1981
vparker1981 Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I am European and have a new food weighing scale which I'm struggling to understand.

Please see photo of the weighing screen -

Is this 0.03 pounds and 9 ounces ?

fw4tw18uayy2.jpg

Thanks !

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    If I had to guess, I would say that's 3.9 ounces. You can test it by weighing something you know the weight of (a stick of butter, for example).
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    If you look at the display, in the lower right hand corner it says lb:oz which means the number before the : is the lbs and anything after is oz. so it would be 3.9 oz.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    It displays pounds : ounces . tenthsofounces

The display 0:03.9 is 0 pound and 3.9 ounces, about 110.5 grams.

The display 1:12.4 is 1 pound and 12.4 ounces, about 805.1 grams.

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    I have that feature on my scale too but find it a bit confusing so I use the mode button and switch to grams. Easier that way!
  • vparker1981
    vparker1981 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you all. Worked it out with your help. Yes it's 0:0 pounds and 0:0 oz - weighing a stick of butter helped! So obvious, why didn't I think of it!
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Thank you all. Worked it out with your help. Yes it's 0:0 pounds and 0:0 oz - weighing a stick of butter helped! So obvious, why didn't I think of it!

Glad you got it. Technically, it is 0: pounds and 00.0 ounces. The colon separates pounds from ounces.
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 832 Member
    One other thing - if you're struggling with lbs/oz and would prefer kg, try hitting that Mode button and see what that does: I'd make a small wager that it will cycle between imperial and metric measurements...