Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Understanding my pounds and ounce food weighing scale

vparker1981
vparker1981 Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I am European and have a new food weighing scale which I'm struggling to understand.

Please see photo of the weighing screen -

Is this 0.03 pounds and 9 ounces ?

fw4tw18uayy2.jpg

Thanks !

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    If I had to guess, I would say that's 3.9 ounces. You can test it by weighing something you know the weight of (a stick of butter, for example).
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    If you look at the display, in the lower right hand corner it says lb:oz which means the number before the : is the lbs and anything after is oz. so it would be 3.9 oz.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    It displays pounds : ounces . tenthsofounces

The display 0:03.9 is 0 pound and 3.9 ounces, about 110.5 grams.

The display 1:12.4 is 1 pound and 12.4 ounces, about 805.1 grams.

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    I have that feature on my scale too but find it a bit confusing so I use the mode button and switch to grams. Easier that way!
  • vparker1981
    vparker1981 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you all. Worked it out with your help. Yes it's 0:0 pounds and 0:0 oz - weighing a stick of butter helped! So obvious, why didn't I think of it!
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Thank you all. Worked it out with your help. Yes it's 0:0 pounds and 0:0 oz - weighing a stick of butter helped! So obvious, why didn't I think of it!

Glad you got it. Technically, it is 0: pounds and 00.0 ounces. The colon separates pounds from ounces.
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 832 Member
    One other thing - if you're struggling with lbs/oz and would prefer kg, try hitting that Mode button and see what that does: I'd make a small wager that it will cycle between imperial and metric measurements...