• SadDolt
    SadDolt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    120 is a great weight for 5'3, but personally i'm aiming for 104
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    HaleCry wrote: »
    These posts depress me a little. I'm 5'3 and started at 181. I'm currently 144 and my GW is 126 but I'm starting to think this won't be low enough

I'm 5'2.5" and started at 212. I maintain between 122-127 and I feel great. I probably could lose weight, I definitely have more weight I'm carrying around my belly and thighs. But my boobs are tiny and my upper body in generally looks extremely thin so I would prefer not to lose more.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    HaleCry wrote: »
    These posts depress me a little. I'm 5'3 and started at 181. I'm currently 144 and my GW is 126 but I'm starting to think this won't be low enough

Ditto with the depression! I was reading this thread and thinking about how i am 5'3" and have not been in my 120's since my early teens. I started at 183 pounds and I am now down to 159. My goal is 130. I work out a lot so any lower than that I would have to miserably starve myself while sacrificing muscle. Life to too short for all that.

Everyone's goal is different but I will say one thing, thinking that one has to starve themselves to be a certain weight is a huge misconception. If anything, working out more gives you more calories to play with. I'm highly active and, as I wrote earlier, 5'3" and 111 pounds. I maintain on 2,300 to 2,700 calories per day depending on how active I was. That is far from starving, I have muscle, and don't feel like I'm sacrificing anything.

Lucky!! I'm maintaining at 1700 calories now. I know it's because of winter and being less active. Over the summer I would lose weight on 1700 but now I have to be careful not to go over or I will gain. 1700 certainly isn't starving but I was happier eating around 2000 last summer. I've thought about losing a few more pounds but I just can't bring myself to eat less than 1700.
  • Jen2133
    Jen2133 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'3" and currently 119lbs. I'm very happy with my weight / look right now, but have to eat very carefully to be this size. I am also working out - lifting heavy weights and doing HITT-style cardio 6 days a week. I am fairly muscular and 50 years old. In my profile photo I am about 115lbs. Everyone wears their weight differently!