What to do when you get to your goal?

Options
13»

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Yup, I reported you. You need help. In person, from people with degrees, not a message board. Unless you've dropped a thousand calories from the numbers your giving us... and then you still need some therapy to get to a place where you can eat food without guilt.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I set a new goal! Example, last year I lost 50+ pounds through diet and exercise. I still have about five to lose, but my new goals are to continue my weight training and get back to running 5k races on a regular basis, getting back the active lifestyle that I lived before. I eat within my newly allotted calorie goal and consider my food the fuel that powers my goals.
  • butcher206
    butcher206 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I set a new goal! Example, last year I lost 50+ pounds through diet and exercise. I still have about five to lose, but my new goals are to continue my weight training and get back to running 5k races on a regular basis, getting back the active lifestyle that I lived before. I eat within my newly allotted calorie goal and consider my food the fuel that powers my goals.

5 pounds is nothing and I'm sure you can do it! This is pretty inspiring, and exercise is so good for the mind as well as the body. You're going to be so happy so proud of yourself; take back that old life that you used to live and own it better than you did before! And thank you for sharing this
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    katy2090 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for replying! So when I reach my goal weight I just adjust the app to the maintenance setting and keeping doing exercise and just regularly check there isn't a huge amount in weight gain?

Yup. But from experience I can tell you it's not as easy as it sounds.
  • butcher206
    butcher206 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    There won't be any weight gain at all unless you aren't tracking correctly or you're misrepresenting how many calories the exercise you're doing is actually burning. Don't listen to any lies or myths
  • aprice20
    aprice20 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you are on the right way I think you should continue. Even myself always follow that rules. If I get success from somewhere. I always try to follow that as much as possible.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    aprice20 wrote: »
    If you are on the right way I think you should continue. Even myself always follow that rules. If I get success from somewhere. I always try to follow that as much as possible.

Please read whole thread. OP is eating way too little calories and feels guilty when she consumes over 200. This is not wise advice.