Females opinions on this

Options
13»

Replies

• HG210
    HG210 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    More than 2O something years in Private Industry. From Wall street to DC. I hate to say it but it is true. Mean girls are young and old but you just have to check them at the door. I work for 4 men and I have had two female bosses. I hope to never see those ladies again and I love my guys they are the best.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    The notion that all women are catty is just another aspect of sexism. That women is doing herself and other women a disservice. Over generalizing is over generalizing. Yes, some women are catty. Maybe some types of workplaces are worse than other. Some men are catty. Some dogs are catty.

That's just called keeping it real!!!! I agree with your statement and on a side note though, stereotypes originate for a reason. Because there is some truth to them maybe???
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The notion that all women are catty is just another aspect of sexism. That women is doing herself and other women a disservice. Over generalizing is over generalizing. Yes, some women are catty. Maybe some types of workplaces are worse than other. Some men are catty. Some dogs are catty.

That's my thought exactly to that kind of comments.

That being said, I generally don't get along with women that well because there's often too much drama... but I really don't see why women would be 'offended' by a new female employee.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Traditionally, womens' "workplace" was the home. Of course there were some exceptions but overwhelmingly it was hearth and home.

A woman worked in her own territory, so there were no territorial issues. It was her man, her home, her children, her schedule and her way of doing things. If she was married to an okay guy who provided, wasn't a drunk and didn't hit her, it was a good life.

Women entered the work force, full time, en mass in the 1980s and have yet to adjust to sharing territory and handling power in the work place.

Flame away but I'm not debating it. The proof's in the pudding.

Interesting. I'll have to think about this ^.

I'm female and have always preferred male coworkers to female. However, I've never been offended when women were interviewed. That's just weird.

ETA: perhaps I would be offended if a women was being interviewed because she was all ...assets... and no experience or talent. (For a job that required more than just a pretty face.)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

Eh, I was in the military. I'm going to keep using it. But perhaps just as an adjective.
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    I had someone call me "Sir" & I cracked them right in the mouth ...I said "I'm a 'dude'...now good day sir"