Valentine's day

Options
124»

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    @happilymegan @jtegirl1 @FeraFilia thank you for your kind words, I know I deserve much better and I will get out eventually. I am working on it... In the meantime it would be nice to at least feel appreciated. I am not materialistic or require much but some kind words would be nice here and there. It doesn't happen though. And I deal with it best I know how till I can leave.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    Just remember all of you mfper's.....make sure you guys don't post all your happy happy joy joy valentines day crap that nobody really wants to read about...some of your friends just might want to kick a few kittens or something on that day. Keep that in mind......

This is why I stay off FB on holidays. No joke.

Same. I won't go in FB Tuesday, I dance only see so many bouquets of flowers before I want to punch babies.

Yeah, I won't go through my feed. I may get on to look at some of my favorite meme pages, but that's it. This is my 4th one alone. Last one married I made a nice dinner, cupcakes with pink frosting for his co-workers, red velvet cake balls and strawberries dipped in chocolate for him (I hate strawberries) and he didn't even get me a card. :/

I am not single, but even though for years, I did the nice dinner, dessert, candles.. Whatever surprises I came up with that year, he has never done anything in return. In 20 years he hasn't even said Happy Valentine's Day, Happy Birthday or Happy Mother's Day let alone get a card, flowers or take me out on those days.. So I quit doing anything for him on any of "his" days a few years ago. At this point, I want to just be single instead of feeling alone all the time even though there is someone here.

I am not single, either. Married 6 years. My husband is not romantic at all, and I think I taught him that was okay because for a long time I told him I didn't want it. I didn't tell him I didn't want it because I didn't feel like I deserved it. Now I don't know how to tell him I'd like it if he gave it a try every now and then.

I'm sorry you're going through this. :(

Just tell him. It sounds like he does nice things from what you've posted. I'm sure he'd rather know what you really want, then to not know and have you be unhappy.

I should. But I'm "attack it head on" and he's "I hate confrontation" and there might be a fight lol.

Write it in a love note. Tell him the things that he does that you appreciate and tell him that you've been afraid to tell him this for fear of starting a fight.

This is a good idea. I tend to be better in writing than out loud anyway.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    Just remember all of you mfper's.....make sure you guys don't post all your happy happy joy joy valentines day crap that nobody really wants to read about...some of your friends just might want to kick a few kittens or something on that day. Keep that in mind......

This is why I stay off FB on holidays. No joke.

Same. I won't go in FB Tuesday, I dance only see so many bouquets of flowers before I want to punch babies.

Yeah, I won't go through my feed. I may get on to look at some of my favorite meme pages, but that's it. This is my 4th one alone. Last one married I made a nice dinner, cupcakes with pink frosting for his co-workers, red velvet cake balls and strawberries dipped in chocolate for him (I hate strawberries) and he didn't even get me a card. :/

I am not single, but even though for years, I did the nice dinner, dessert, candles.. Whatever surprises I came up with that year, he has never done anything in return. In 20 years he hasn't even said Happy Valentine's Day, Happy Birthday or Happy Mother's Day let alone get a card, flowers or take me out on those days.. So I quit doing anything for him on any of "his" days a few years ago. At this point, I want to just be single instead of feeling alone all the time even though there is someone here.

You are such a kind, funny, and beautiful gal. I see this and I don't even know you. You deserve so much more :(

This means, you do; know her & so, do I!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Hide in my house until the holiday passes. Never really cared for the day. Besides, it's on a Tuesday, so normal activities take precedent. :)
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    I am so very sorry for everyone that's not, going to've a nice Valentine's Day as; it's intended to be but personally I, refuse to; knock it because then, I'd have to; knock Mother's Day because I am not, a Mother as was my desire to; be once or even have a Mother worthy enough to, care about beyond me just being appreciative for; her risking her life to give me life & thus that'd be unfair to, those whom're able to; celebrate it even traditionally, etc..

However nothing, has to; be celebrated traditionally & thus I'll celebrate it, by finding something else to; love/be proud of!
  • rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Even though it is my Birthday as well as Valentines day probably not much on the day itself. Have to work and will go to the gym. I am sure my Husband will have something for me and we have plans for a steak and shrimp dinner the weekend after.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Running and going out for a fancy dinner.
  • Momtafo
    Momtafo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Nothing super amazing, Just binge watch shows with my cats. Lol!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I both working out of town. I will meet up with a friend for a veggie burger and a glass of Chardonnay. Staying on program!!!
  • OpinionatedCyborg
    OpinionatedCyborg Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Working, alone.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    That happens to be my chest day. So I'll being doing chest at the gym.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Working and then spending the night with my little boy. ❤️

• ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I am going to a valentines Haunted House I'm taking my little brother and his Gf. Yes I know I'm awesome and I know I'm lucky to live somewhere where there is a year round haunted house that opens up every Friday the 13th, October, Xmas and valentines day. Boom!. Halloween is a lifestyle not a holiday. ❤
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Husband and I both think it's a totally useless holiday, so we don't usually do anything for each other. But my 5 year old son is interested in the idea, so I'll be taking HIM on a date to dinner and a movie, complete with chocolates and flowers. Just because I don't care for the holiday doesn't mean that his future wife won't, so I want him to see how it's done right. ;)

Thats so cute.

My husband and I also don't celebrate valentines day. We'll be at the gym, training together like normal - thats a date, right? :D
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Angela937 wrote: »
    What are your plans?

my current plan is to go to a local fire station and look at joining the volunteer fire service.

not exactly your traditional valentine plans
  • amarneu
    amarneu Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised nobody has said they are planning a date with Christian grey with a follow up rendez vous with BOB
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    Since I was able to maintain my figure despite currently being 0.2 pounds extra (It's plausibly, mainly water retention) than I was when this year began I'll try on a sexy red dress that I hadn't even tried to fit into yet!
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I've never celebrated Valentine's day but if I did.. I'd think the perfect way would be a team workout or both getting a new 1RM wile lifting..
    Or a run...
    Or a hike...