I have a tip for reducing portion sizes

Always eat around a hungry toddler who eats half your plate..

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,971 Member
    ogtmama wrote: »
    This will work so long as you don't eat THEIR leftovers :D

That was always my problem when my kids were little.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    since i dont like kids, id rather not.

ill just serve myself less, thanks....
  • Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    Yeah, my daughter was such a picky eater until recently (she's 10 now) that I'd always end up mindlessly eating her leftover food so it didn't go to waste. I had to learn the habit NOT to eat it and either save it or toss it.

Now she eats half of my food, and lo and behold I'm losing again!
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    emilk2016 wrote: »
    Always eat around a hungry toddler who eats half your plate..

my children were so picky, they never touched my plates. LOL
  • rachelleosborne80
    rachelleosborne80 Posts: 15 Member
    My toddler eats as much as a grown man. Ha.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    I only have 1 of 4 that were like this. My 4 year old has to be "threatened" to eat; no picking what to watch on NetFlix if you don't eat, or no candy/icecream/cake/popcorn (whatever it is he REALLY wants if he doesn't eat his food. Yesterday, you're not running off and playing at the park if you don't eat your PB&J! And you don't get your Babybel if you don't eat all your PB&J.
  • lrgraves99
    lrgraves99 Posts: 2 Member
    I guess that would work if you want to have your children start with very poor eating habits
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    Lolalikeslolagets Posts: 142 Member
    lrgraves99 wrote: »
    I guess that would work if you want to have your children start with very poor eating habits

I'm not sure what this means?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    ogtmama wrote: »
    This will work so long as you don't eat THEIR leftovers :D

I'm pretty sure my dad's weight is my fault. We always had to have a milkshake with our burger and fries, but could never finish any of it. My dad was smart enough to not order his own though.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    My dad used to like to eat off of people's plates. I was the only one who let him do this. (This was before I counted calories though.) My brother used to pretend he was going to stab my dad with a fork if he tried to steal food.

My dad has passed away and I miss him so please no snarky comments about his habits.