I have a tip for reducing portion sizes

Options
2»

Replies

• Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My Grandma never took her own plate. "I eat like a bird", said Grandma. Meanwhile, she ate everything on my Grandpa's plate so he had to get seconds.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    lrgraves99 wrote: »
    I guess that would work if you want to have your children start with very poor eating habits

That explains all the grown folks running around blowing their noses on other people's sleeves.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    My dad used to like to eat off of people's plates. I was the only one who let him do this. (This was before I counted calories though.) My brother used to pretend he was going to stab my dad with a fork if he tried to steal food.

My dad has passed away and I miss him so please no snarky comments about his habits.

The exact opposite when I was a kid. I was always eating off my mom's plate and she would pretend to be exasperated and say I was like a baby bird.

My mother passed away last year. Sorry for your loss dear. x
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    They make it so hard to accurately log your food though. :(
  • carolynkufahl
    carolynkufahl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eat off a toddler size plate that has sections. Smaller plate smaller portions.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    My dad used to like to eat off of people's plates. I was the only one who let him do this. (This was before I counted calories though.) My brother used to pretend he was going to stab my dad with a fork if he tried to steal food.

My dad has passed away and I miss him so please no snarky comments about his habits.

No snarky comments here. I'm sorry for your loss.
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    Lolalikeslolagets Posts: 142 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    emilk2016 wrote: »
    I guess that would work if you want to have your children start with very poor eating habits

I'm not sure what this means?

It means someone is being judgmental.

• kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Eat off a toddler size plate that has sections. Smaller plate smaller portions.

Not if you go vertical.
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    Lolalikeslolagets Posts: 142 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I'm not sure what this means?

It means someone is being judgmental.
    :'(:'(:'( yeah because my lunch that day was roast salmon with broccoli and brown rice... pretty sure that's instilling healthy eating seeing his mama nosh on that! I have no trouble sharing that plate!!

Anyways, this was meant as a joke people, geez...!

Cool to hear the parents/grandparents stories! (Your brother is funny @kshama2001 )

*edited because it didn't post my reply first time around ...
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

@emilk2016 - I did think your OP was funny :)

And it brought back some happy memories.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    LMAO! Is it wrong that I tell my kids my food is super spicy?? I already measured this ish, I'm not sharing.