Weight terminology

Options
My trainer is going to be unavailable for a while and will leave me a list of workouts. Most stuff e.g. "bench press" I can look and find online videos, and I know most of them anyway. But he uses a lot of other terms to convey details of form e.g. superset, pronated, supinated

Rather than waiting till I get the list from him I'd like to memorize them now - is there any nice site that would help? - (I can't look them up since I don't know what terms he will throw at me.)

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Google? Pronate usually means to turn in, suppinate is out.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    http://exrx.net

is an extremely useful website, that helps with exactly this.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    yeah exrx should be good. There are decent videos of all the lifts on bodybuilding.com

I wouldn't overwhelm yourself. If you google everything as the program goes along you'll remember even better.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    get the guy to explain anything that you don't understand. self-sufficiency is nice too, but if you're floundering around in a jargon gap then it doesn't seem like you're getting your money's worth.

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Bob314159 wrote: »
    My trainer is going to be unavailable for a while and will leave me a list of workouts. Most stuff e.g. "bench press" I can look and find online videos, and I know most of them anyway. But he uses a lot of other terms to convey details of form e.g. superset, pronated, supinated

Rather than waiting till I get the list from him I'd like to memorize them now - is there any nice site that would help? - (I can't look them up since I don't know what terms he will throw at me.)

its possible to convey details without fancy words, tell him to explain to you what his fancy words mean. When i'm in the gym we never throw around words like pronated or supinated. On a side note, what would really be worth it is to learn the names and nick names of all major muscles.