Nearly GW - bikini or one piece?

Options
13»

Replies

• KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need to do boy short bottoms (unless you want to). I think the sides just need to hit you in a slightly different spot. You and I have a similar shape (except I think my thighs are heavier) - and boy shorts aren't all that flattering - or comfortable - on me. I was wondering how the darker suit (last years') fit now. Have you tried on those bottoms yet? (I see you did put the top on.)
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Love that one piece!
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous in the pretty one piece.The colour is lovely on you
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I tried on the boy shorts with the top from my first picture (when I was considerably heavier) and asked hubby if it still made my gut look big. He said "No, because you're a totally different shape now and don't have a gut". :blushing: :drinker:

Well. I have a bit of a gut but I think the shorts are flattering because they cover the saggy bits. So I'm taking the black flowery with the boy short bottom and the one-piece. Or everything!!:laugh:
  • LovelyVegetarian
    LovelyVegetarian Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I like them both and think you should bring both. But I have to say, congrats and I think you look GREAT in your two piece! Well done!!!!!
  • dgagnon62
    dgagnon62 Posts: 12
    Options
    First, I love the one piece! The colors are so vibrant! Ultimately it is your decision, but since you put it on here, asking for advice, I will put in my two cents.......I would wear the one piece, and I would tell you why.
    First, you will feel sexy, it makes you look, va va va voom! It holds you all together!
    Second, you won't be wondering if your top is untied, if your bottoms are slipping down, etc.
    Third, your tan lines will be hard to line up every time, because you have to make sure you have the top and bottom the same position for sunning
    Fourth, you will be able to walk, run, and move around without anything fall out, and that is what we all want, at the beach!

So, go with the sexy one piece!

I too am going away for a 17 day vacation and I am wearing a one piece! I don't want to worry about anything but having fun! Enjoy the water! You look great! Keep up the good work! :)
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Isn't it funny how this has divided everyone?!! :laugh:

I prefer you in the blue bikini (the last pic). The problem with swimsuits is I find they make it look like you are hiding something and put more focus on your body. The bikini screams confidence and really suits you. If anything, you look slimmer in the bikini.

I've got the same dilemma myself (going to Greece next week). I've tried on loads of swimwear and think I will get a couple of bikinis - with plenty of cleavage to detract attention from my belly!

Have a lovely holiday - I love Holland!
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    bikini !!!
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I can't decide, I like them both. Wear whichever one makes you feel good about yourself because confidence = sexy.

Are you planning to be active or just sunbathe? Because the one piece looks less likely to accidentally expose you during a swim, but obviously you'll get more skin tanned in the bikini.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I like the one piece better, but mainly because of the color and design. It really flatters you.

:flowerforyou:
  • _Moose51_
    Options
    Wear the one that gives you the most confidence, that will show more than anything. You look good in both tho... how is that for riding the fence :)
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    that bottom blue bikini really is cute on you. it emphasizes your narrow waist so i think it is the most flattering. Of course, as others have said, a bathing suit takes very little room in the suitcase so you can easily throw both in your bag.