Want to lose 5 lbs but not motivated

Options
13»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lots of people WANT to play the piano. The SERIOUS ONES are motivated to do it. So if you aren't motivated, then you're just not that serious about wanting to lose the 5lbs. That's where it has to start.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Well that definitely is true, but sometimes I gain the motivation after I get started. I really wasn't motivated but once I started increasing my activity level and cutting my calories the motivation started showing up again!

It's been a good week! I have been more active and keeping right at 1450 calories. My weight had gone up to 128.8 after some Valentine's Day splurges but now after a week I'm down to 125.4. It feels good to be working towards a new goal.

Yay!

It's super easy for me to get back into it the week after my period, then PMS hits again... Sigh. I can't even imagine how anyone can eat only 1450 calories.
  • bhwalsh1
    bhwalsh1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    OP I hope you see this post! The easiest way to lose a ton of weight is by getting in the pool! I've been a competitive swimmer for around 16 years and its by far the most "cutting" exercise. I know i'm at the extreme end of the spectrum but to give you an idea of the potential weight loss I'll throw this at you. I was a student athlete at the university of Alabama and after my freshmen year I took 3 months off swimming to bulk up and put on some muscle. I got up to 208 pounds after the summer of '13 lets say August 1st for argument sake. Before the end of the month i was back to 192. Keep in mind that was 4 hours a day M-F and 2 hours on Saturday, along with eating healthy. People will say "it's unhealthy to lose that much weight so rapidly" but I was healthier than ever and rarely ever got sick, still have a clean bill of health to this day. Long story short, people if you want to SHRED pounds, get in the water. That's just my experience with swimming. (competed against Phelps and Lochte as well as internationally, just incase someone is tryng to call my bluff :) ) Happy shredding folks!
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight way too fast and I don't get it! I was maintaining pretty solidly eating 1700 calories a day for many weeks. Like I mentioned before, I had been getting less active but was still exercising on a regular basis so not like I was sedentary.

It's been less than 2 weeks and I've gone from 128 to 122.6?! I'm eating 1450 calories which should put me at a half pound per week. Yesterday I even ate 1700 and had fast food so I figured my weight might bounce up a bit today but it went down.

I increased my activity level again so the only thing I can think is it just makes that big of a difference for my body or something. It's so strange.

Time to increase calories? Don't want to be losing muscle. I've still be strength training as usual. Or is this mostly water weight even after a couple weeks?
  • victoria_1024
    edited February 2017
    Options
    As a reminder, my goal weight is 120 lbs so I'm not far off from that at 122.6 but I lost those last 5 lbs so quickly it's really throwing me off.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Wow to lose 5 lbs so quickly when you haven't much to lose ... when I have fast food it always makes the scale go up a few pounds for a few days because of extra sodium/carbs ...
    You must be burning more cals than you think!

Go back to eating a bit more and monitor your loss over another few weeks as the loss is likely to slow down. 1/2 lb is what you should be aiming for.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    And usually when we increase exercise we hold on to water weight not lose it.
  • victoria_1024
    Options
    And usually when we increase exercise we hold on to water weight not lose it.

Yes and I've been pretty sore this week from lifting so I usually see an increase on the scale from that. Mostly my intentional exercise hasn't changed much, but I'm trying to walk more at work and be more active outside of exercising.

I'm wondering if I wasn't tracking accurately before so I was actually eating more than 1700 calories. But still five lbs in 2 weeks seems pretty drastic.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    More careful logging has made a big difference to your deficit obviously.