6000+ Valentines Misery Binge From Hell

Replies

• chriseema
    chriseema Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 2017
    chriseema wrote: »
    I'm 22, female, 5'1, and my tdee is 1450. Had it tested by a doctor... here is my fat roll. I weigh roughly 115 lbs. 0q10wkws4ecy.jpg

Dude. I'm 54, 5'1" and weigh 115 pounds and have tummy fat thanks to have borne children.

No way is that your belly.

Cool that is my stomach what is the point of trying to make yourself feel better by doubting me?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I'm 22, female, 5'1, and my tdee is 1450. Had it tested by a doctor... here is my fat roll. I weigh roughly 115 lbs. 0q10wkws4ecy.jpg

Dude. I'm 54, 5'1" and weigh 115 pounds and have tummy fat thanks to have borne children.

Cool that is my stomach what is the point of trying to make yourself feel better by doubting me?

You are sitting down and bent over. Everyone has rolls when they do that. The only valid photo would be standing up with proper posture and no tight clothing
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member

You edited your post above. I'm hoping you wrote the initial comment because you were angry, but just in case, here is a resource for you. Please take care of yourself and don't stop bringing your concerns to doctors. The 6th one could be the one to hear you and help you.

http://chat.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/GetHelp/LifelineChat.aspx
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    edited February 2017
    I binge every few weeks, at least this month. Usually once a month, but this past month I overate by 1600 one week and then bunged. I go thru anemic phases with blood issues my doc won't help me with. I got 12 blood tests last week. No period. She says I'm fine and I can't keep paying $1500 for these dumb tests -_- I'm just anemic and being dizzy freaks me out and makes me binge

I'm anemic and used to get dizzy but between supplementation and dietary changes this no longer happens. I'm glad you had recent blood work - what were your counts? What did your doctor recommend you do to get your iron counts back up? What are you doing food wise and supplement wise?

Please change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings and have it include Protein, Iron, and Fiber.
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    OP, if you figure out you TDEE, you may be able to use that to determine how much weight you gained.

On average there are 3,500 calories in a pound. If your TDEE is 1,500 and you ate 6,000 you probably gained 1.2 pounds of fat. You are also likely going to retain water due to all the sugar you ate. This is not exact but it is a rough estimate.

I don't think there is anything wrong with cutting back by 100-200 calories (your limit for the day was 1,300 which is already pretty low) and maybe upping the exercise for 100-200 for a week or two to try and balance it out.

If you are getting dizzy spells from anemia eating sugar will not do anything to fix that. Have you been tested for low blood sugar? The doctor could do an oral glucose tolerance test on you. That is a very simple test that shouldn't cost much, you just drink some sugar and check your blood sugar for several hours after.
  • SadDolt
    SadDolt Posts: 173 Member
    6,000? christ
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited February 2017
  • kshama2001
    SadDolt wrote: »
    6,000? christ

Turned out to not be all on the same day.
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    I actually wrote the wrong number for simplicity, correct number is above BUT I added the extra calories I had from a previous binge last week if that makes sense

So roughly 4600 on Valentines day and 1850 extra calories from the prior week is how you got to 6450?

I guess it's all about perspective. When I eat hormonally every 4-6 weeks, I may hit close to 4600. It doesn't bother me. It's only one day and I get right back on track. If this is not something that is done frequently enough to cause any harm to your weight or you mental health, then you should be okay.

If you think this is really an issue and it's impacting your life negatively, maybe you should at least consider speaking to a professional.
    Yeah exactly. I do it once a month. My "trigger" was I got a blood test a few days before and it made me dizzy, but not hungry, and when I'm dizzy and not hungry I binge because I think it's related.

Also, it was Valentine's Day, and there was a free dessert buffet at work.

However, can someone potentially answer my burning question about the weight gain offset? I just had a sandwich and banana after a small hunger spell and want to know if a slight restriction will cause me to not gain a lb. when I gain that extra roll, I can't focus on my work since I am so physically uncomfortable in my clothes
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    6,000? christ

I did 6,000 a day over the Xmas holidays. I was visiting family and it was lots of good foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You'd be amazed at how quickly calories add up. At cheesecake factory, spinach dip, burger with fries and dessert is about 5,000 calories. That's just one meal. YIKES!! >:)
  • kshama2001
    edited February 2017

I'm perplexed my that picture as well. I know we all carry weight differently, but I weigh around 75 pounds more than the OP and due to large fibroids have a uterus the size as if I were five months pregnant.

If I were the OP I would seek medical attention from different practitioners.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member

No, I wasn't trying to make myself feel better at all. I am having trouble with the whole thread here adding up.

Especially since you claimed to have had something that is untestable tested.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    The OP obviously isn't asking anyone to give advice on what the -real- problem is, and is instead asking for someone to answer an unanswerable question: how much will the binge affect the scale, and what will be the time frame?

Sorry, that is impossible to know.

I hope you realize everyone is just trying to be helpful in ways that we -can- help (i.e., trying to help you figure out why this is happening, and how to avoid it in future). Best of luck.

Well then I guess everyone can stop answering now because after seeing 5 therapists for eating disorders they all say I don't meet the criteria and I don't care to keep analyzing "why" when I told you all I get dizzy and it makes me nervous so I binge. Why keep asking me the same freaking question. If no one can answer the weight question, then I'm done with this thread. Thanks for all the help.

I encourage you to take a step back and try to see things from our perspective.

We cannot answer a hypothetical questions about future weight gain. We can only say if you eat too much you will gain weight, just like anyone else can.

From what you describe, there is no way that any qualified therapist would say you don't meet the criteria for an eating disorder. Keep looking for one that will help you. It seems to me you have some serious issues around food and body image.

I also have a difficult time believing that is your belly, because of your stated weight and height. If it is, then you need to get to a doctor ASAP because something is seriously wrong.

• leajas1
    Looks like she has deleted her account.
  • leajas1
    Looks like she has deleted her account. That's too bad.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    6,000? christ

I did 6,000 a day over the Xmas holidays. I was visiting family and it was lots of good foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You'd be amazed at how quickly calories add up. At cheesecake factory, spinach dip, burger with fries and dessert is about 5,000 calories. That's just one meal. YIKES!! >:)

The Cheesecake Factory amazes me. They give you three or four times what anyone needs for a meal. The lowest calorie stuff on their menu is the cheesecakes. Which is just as well because everything else on the menu is kinda blah to yucky.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Did the claim about stopping up 2 toilets have anyone else's spidey senses tingling? Or is it just me? I'm pretty sure I ate several thousand calories of chocolate fondue dipped fruit, angel food cake, madeleines, pink marshmallow heart peeps, and ALL the cookies, and I certainly wasn't breaking any toilets.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Did the claim about stopping up 2 toilets have anyone else's spidey senses tingling? Or is it just me? I'm pretty sure I ate several thousand calories of chocolate fondue dipped fruit, angel food cake, madeleines, pink marshmallow heart peeps, and ALL the cookies, and I certainly wasn't breaking any toilets.

I've had issues with binging, even recently because I'm going through something stressful. No toilet stopping.

Then again, I'm a big believer in the courtesy flush.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    125by51 wrote: »
    I'm also anemic and have been for pretty much my whole life. I take OTC iron supplements to keep it under control. If you lack iron to the point that you are feeling dizzy, eat something high in iron. I don't understand your logic of eating all those super sugary foods. No one needs to help you with your anemia, you can take care of that yourself.

It seems, from my perspective, that you are using your anemia as an excuse to binge on stuff that does absolutely nothing to help or counter your anemia. Just the opposite in fact. Messing with your blood sugar to that degree is probably the source of your dizzy spells. Sugar high, sugar crash, sugar high, sugar crash.

Take iron supplements. If you feel dizzy, eat something high in iron. And as others have said, you should look into some counselling or therapy for disordered eating. To make the leap from 'dizzy' to 'eat a tub of frosting' is some pretty major mental gymnastics.

That ^^ right there.