Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    ^^^thats the one. Thanks!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I've experienced something that felt like sugar withdrawal (headache and malaise). Most recently when it happened I put a teaspoon of sugar in my afternoon tea and it went away immediately. If it happens again I'll try the salted water thing and see if that also solves it. Personally I'm anti misery when it comes to dieting.

I agree with you, the "bury your face" post sounded like it was meant to mock. Hope you don't let that post turn you off the community here. Lots of good info. Good luck in achieving your health and fitness goals.
  • cowgrl08642
    cowgrl08642 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
    This is long, but informative and awesome.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    John Oliver on Sugar

https://youtu.be/MepXBJjsNxs

He started losing me at 1:42 when he admitted that our (Americans) consumption of sugar is actually on the decline. I did watch it all the way to the end though, and his argument against measuring sugar in grams was ridiculous. Don't have a clue who this guy is, but I'm not impressed :p

Well, when I think about how many people know what grams are, it's people that are serious about food weighing, or crack dealers, so I can see his point about a teaspoon being a more recognizable way. Or circus peanuts, as he uses for amusement value (and also sly marketing by having viewers spread his format for him :wink: ).
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I decided to quit for a month because I was just too addicted. Eating nothing but candy, and it was awful. I would eat candy for breakfast, have some with lunch, eat it for an afternoon snack and then after dinner. The sugar withdrawal lasted probably 5 days for me. I was a pill and was mean to everyone. But then felt really good after the withdrawal was gone. I went back to eating it after 30 days, but it helped reset me in that I wasn't so horribly dependent on it anymore. You'll be fine. You'll be nice again after a few days and the cravings will stop after you get out of the sugary mindset you had before.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I get it! I get on sugar binges and I feel horrible and then trying to get OFF the binge is hard. Especially being around so many sweets. You can make it through the hump, don't never not eat anything but the less you eat it - the less you crave it. It's hard at first but I always feel so much better after a couple days. Don't give up!
  • Hello_its_Dan
    Hello_its_Dan Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked sugary foods. My kryptonite is a fresh loaf of bread from Wegmans!