Today it's all about butter...

Options
lightenup2016
lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Yes, I do believe PMS is at play here. But really, I just want butter on things! I just had three tortillas dipped in melted butter, and a T of pb dipped in butter with honey. And then I licked the bowl...

Oh well, with a light dinner I can still be at goal calories for today, but I need to stay away from the butter!!

Anyone else just having one of those days?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Are you getting sufficient fat day-to-day? I find I crave fatty foods when I try to go low fat.

Of course, it could always be one of those weird things . . .
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    :o:#

I've never had PMS cravings like that. That's impressive.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Well now that's quite the craving! Don't think I've ever outright craved straight up butter.

I echo the question about fat intake generally.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Luckily I'm mostly done with PMS now but yeah, I used to have some pretty crazy cravings.
  • lightenup2016
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I think I get enough fat. I'm usually over what MFP gives me. I eat plenty of cheese and dark chocolate. I think I just love butter...always have! I'd keep it out of the house, but there would be a kid mutiny. Pancakes and waffles just aren't the same without it!

Thankfully, I have to be out of the house for a few hours, so I think I'm good now :smile:

ETA: I actually make a point to avoid fat-free dairy and such. If anything I probably get too much fat! Today didn't help, lol. Period starting today, so the monster PMS appetite should start waning tomorrow.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I never understood solo butter eating, until I started really watching what I ate. Then I begin to understand the flavor nuances and richness of fats. Butter ..... ummmmmmmm. (still can't eat it by itself)
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Butter. Yum!
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have PMS cravings for carbs. Soft pretzels and chips galore
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I have PMS cravings for carbs. Soft pretzels and chips galore

Same here, along with All of the Chocolate. Never have craved straight butter, though, delicious as it is. Garlic butter, maybe..
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, OP, I was craving butter yesterday. I think it is just because a few bad food choices left me hungry - and, well, butter is amazing.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do believe PMS is at play here. But really, I just want butter on things! I just had three tortillas dipped in melted butter, and a T of pb dipped in butter with honey. And then I licked the bowl...

Oh well, with a light dinner I can still be at goal calories for today, but I need to stay away from the butter!!

Anyone else just having one of those days?

I didn't until I read your post.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Could absolutely eat pure butter by itself right now! Salted butter, yummmm.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    In honor of this thread I had a butter croissant during my break. :tongue:
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    As Louie Anderson, the comic, would say "butter is evil".
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Could absolutely eat pure butter by itself right now! Salted butter, yummmm.

I used to eat sticks of Blue Bonnet margarine as a child. Butter wasn't big in our house and lard was only tasty if it was smothering bacon.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I never got cravings for butter during pms (just chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate),

However when I have a cold during and right after it all I want is butter! I have a lot of eggs over easy fried in butter, corn slathered in butter, and toast with obscene amounts of butter spread on it. The rest of the time I use it sparingly- so maybe it has healing properties or something if I crave it only when I'm sick?
  • lightenup2016
    Options
    I never got cravings for butter during pms (just chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate),

However when I have a cold during and right after it all I want is butter! I have a lot of eggs over easy fried in butter, corn slathered in butter, and toast with obscene amounts of butter spread on it. The rest of the time I use it sparingly- so maybe it has healing properties or something if I crave it only when I'm sick?

Hmmm, interesting! In addition to PMS, I also have the worst cold I've had in years! So it's medicine, you say?!? :smiley:

I did end up having a light dinner...and then more tortillas and butter! Definitely went over calories for the day, but oh well. Today is a new day! Noooo to the butter!

I grew up with margarine, and any real butter I ate was unsalted, so I hated it. As an adult I discovered real salted butter--yum!! I do have to have it on a carb (toast, rolls, mashed potatoes, pancakes, tortillas, etc), and MELTED for sure. Funny, I can't stand it solid!

Thanks everyone! Hopefully I can learn butter moderation! It seems lately that it's all or none!