Today it's all about butter...

Options

Replies

• lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Butter smothered on hot crusty bread straight out of the oven.

Heaven to me.

Oh my, yes!! That's one reason we don't make homemade bread more. Maybe if I just have a full day of bread and butter calories, and nothing else :wink:
  • lightenup2016
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    In honor of this thread I had a butter croissant during my break. :tongue:

So much yum!! :tongue:
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Heaven to me.

Oh my, yes!! That's one reason we don't make homemade bread more. Maybe if I just have a full day of bread and butter calories, and nothing else :wink:

It's making want to make some. I have every thing in as well.

Maybe if I make slider sized buns lol :D>:)
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

Heaven to me.

I did that once... only fresh bread and butter (the bread itself had butter in it too....) and a bit of jam to add variety... Actually made mini-breads all day long. Had the dough ready and formed and just threw a couple into the oven every couple of hours.

Made myself sick with it too.

Could do it again it's so yummy... (you just don't want to know the calorie total at the end of the day... not weight loss friendly)
  • lightenup2016
    Options

Heaven to me.

I did that once... only fresh bread and butter (the bread itself had butter in it too....) and a bit of jam to add variety... Actually made mini-breads all day long. Had the dough ready and formed and just threw a couple into the oven every couple of hours.

Could do it again it's so yummy... (you just don't want to know the calorie total at the end of the day... not weight loss friendly)

That's awesome! I was wondering if I could "cure" a craving by doing this--just eating so much of it that I'm tired of it by the end. But I fear what that calorie count would look like! Bread + butter = sooo many calories! I average 1500 calories/day when losing (some days 1200, some 1500, some 1800)--that would probably go pretty quickly! Our homemade bread has over 1500 calories per loaf, so with the butter...well maybe it wouldn't be sooo bad. I wonder how I'd feel all day and the next, though? Hmmm...
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

Heaven to me.

That's awesome! I was wondering if I could "cure" a craving by doing this--just eating so much of it that I'm tired of it by the end. But I fear what that calorie count would look like! Bread + butter = sooo many calories! I average 1500 calories/day when losing (some days 1200, some 1500, some 1800)--that would probably go pretty quickly! Our homemade bread has over 1500 calories per loaf, so with the butter...well maybe it wouldn't be sooo bad. I wonder how I'd feel all day and the next, though? Hmmm...

Can't answer on the calorie front... depends on space available in the stomach :tongue:

I can tell you that I felt pretty crummy by the end of it and for a few days after... :eye_roll:
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Warm cornbread with a big pat of butter. Going to visit the parents tonight, and I'm pretty sure that is going in my mouth.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Cream crackers and butter are my poison. Tortillas and butter only do it for me if they are home made. Then... Mmmmmmmmm....

Eta I actually use butter when making Tortillas, rather than lard or veg oil. Because Butter is Best.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Cream crackers and butter are my poison.

I grew up in a rural area, and we learned how to make fresh butter in my kindergarten class (it was awesome). We sampled it on crackers. I've craved buttered crackers ever since :)
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    laur357 wrote: »
    Cream crackers and butter are my poison.

I grew up in a rural area, and we learned how to make fresh butter in my kindergarten class (it was awesome). We sampled it on crackers. I've craved buttered crackers ever since :)

That's one of these home experiments I would love to do with my daughter, must get around to that. It's so easy with an electric mixer (I did it by accident once...)

The real holy grail, if only you knew, is a thing called a Crispy Morning Roll, which is unique to Scotland and the recipe for which was vouchsafed to Scottish bakeries by bread making angels. It is crispy, fluffy and chewy all at once, tastes like nothing else on this earth, and when spread thickly with salty butter, provokes an instant spiritual experience.

If anyone here visits Scotland, report immediately to the nearest bakery, supermarket or newsagent and buy at least four of these and a tub of spreadable butter (Graham's or Anchor are best). They are sold loose, usually, and should have a rigid crust that you can tap - none of your squashy packet imitations.

These things are the reason I will never emigrate as they cannot be bought anywhere else and you cannot make them at home. Heaven knows, I've tried, and my friend who moved to Ireland has tried even harder. Without the blessing of the bread making angels, it's no go.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I crave butter sometimes too. I'll have it on toasted English Muffins because all the holes in them hold all the melty butter.... I don't even care about the English muffin itself though. It's sole purpose is simply to carry the butter to my mouth.

My son is hooked on it too. I catch him eating straight butter all the time.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,946 Member
    Options

Heaven to me.

This is why I left my bread mixer behind in a move. I would consistently eat a half a loaf loaded with butter.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I think I get enough fat. I'm usually over what MFP gives me. I eat plenty of cheese and dark chocolate. I think I just love butter...always have! I'd keep it out of the house, but there would be a kid mutiny. Pancakes and waffles just aren't the same without it!

Thankfully, I have to be out of the house for a few hours, so I think I'm good now :smile:

ETA: I actually make a point to avoid fat-free dairy and such. If anything I probably get too much fat! Today didn't help, lol. Period starting today, so the monster PMS appetite should start waning tomorrow.

Yeah it's hormones. Our hormones can cause weird things.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Butter. Mmmm. My mom used to get frustrated with me as a kid, I was always stealing a little bit of butter.

My niece loves butter too. My sister is more easy going with her behavior and lets her have it because her ex doesn't even let my niece drink cow's milk at his house. (Too much fat he says) and my niece is tiny for her age.
  • EternalSnow627_
    EternalSnow627_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't think butter is bad for u unless u eat tons of butter in a day
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I don't really get fat cravings unless I'm really low on fat. When I have PMS I want carbs. Salty or sweet.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm a big butter person, and I definitely have days where I just want toast with butter. There used to be days where all I would have is toast with butter and jam.

As a kid visiting my grandparents we would always have lefse ( like a tortilla, but thinner and made from potatoes) smothered in butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar
  • deneenae
    deneenae Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I read OP's post and my mouth started salivating and my stomach gurgled just a little bit. I just can't read everyone else's post or else I'm going to make a fresh batch of bread and slather it with butter!