Stopped Keto, but still but still having same problem (keto breath)

2»

Replies

• icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Wow, good for you, @Christine_72 . Way to go solving this issue for yourself. Bad breath could be so deterring, i never knew coffee with milk can cause it. You must be so happy though
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    icemom011 wrote: »
    Wow, good for you, @Christine_72 . Way to go solving this issue for yourself. Bad breath could be so deterring, i never knew coffee with milk can cause it. You must be so happy though

I am very happy lol It was shameful and embarrassing, and i was starting to get angry at my husband every time he brought it up!! I'm so glad it was such a simple fix, and i didnt have to see the doctor or dentist for some exotic disease :wink:
    When my wife drinks coffee her breath is so bad I cant even handle sitting beside her in the car.When she cut's the coffee her breath is fine.

It's weird huh. Some people can drink pots of coffee and be fine, others like myself will always get every flippan side effect of anything they take! Does your wife use milk/creamer in her coffee @BeastofBodmin ?
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Yay! Happy you found this totally random answer :smile: lol !! I personally can't drink milk in my coffee because it leaves this icky after taste and texture on my throat/tongue! But soy milk doesn't cause it so I stick with that when I do want some creamer.

I'm curious if non dairy milks cause this coffee breath too! My husband has never mentioned anything to me, but honestly I'm not sure he would, even if it did stink!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited May 2017
    Yay! Happy you found this totally random answer :smile: lol !! I personally can't drink milk in my coffee because it leaves this icky after taste and texture on my throat/tongue! But soy milk doesn't cause it so I stick with that when I do want some creamer.

I'm curious if non dairy milks cause this coffee breath too! My husband has never mentioned anything to me, but honestly I'm not sure he would, even if it did stink!

I'll have to reread some of the articles and see what it says about non dairy milks. I stopped reading further when they kept repeating MILK (cows) is a cause.

@WickAndArtoo you may be one of the lucky/normal people who dont get this weirdass effect.

The annoying thing is I've been a lifelong tea drinker, i only started drinking coffee regularly last year, and now I'm totally hooked! I wish i never started in the first place!

• WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    @Christine_72 oh yes, once you start you can never go back! It is definitely a drug in that sense, very addicting haha. But of all the addicting things in life, this is probably the least offensive... even with the bad breath :wink: