Game of Thrones question

lizzzylou
lizzzylou Posts: 325
The following more or less contains spoilers. You've been warned.

If Bran would've listened to his mother and never climbed that fateful tower would the entire story line be naught? Or even if he hadn't climbed the tower, would Ned still have went to Kind's Landing, gotten nosy, pissed off Cersei, been beheaded, and Robb would claim himself King of the North and ride into war?

My mind keeps debating who "started" the war, but can't find a clear character to pin it on, thoughts anyone?

I've seen Seasons 1-3, but have only read the first book in the series thus far; therefore, I may be missing some details.

Cheers!:drinker:

Replies

• dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    A war would have happen anyway. Just the matter of between which parties. As for this war, I think the most accurate character we can pin the Starks' misfortunes on is Ned Stark. Shouldn't have gone to King's Landing.
  • lizzzylou
    A war would have happen anyway. Just the matter of between which parties. As for this war, I think the most accurate character we can pin the Starks' misfortunes on is Ned Stark. Shouldn't have gone to King's Landing.

That's a fair statement. I can definitely see where Ned started it. In the first season, I really liked Ned. But for being such a smart guy he did a lot of stupid things. If you suspected Jon Arryn was murdered by the Lannisters why would you be blatantly so nosy? Then, when you did find comprising information about the Lannisters, why for the love of the seven gods, would you directly confront them first about it. That's not honorable, that's ignorance.
  • xjoseyx
    xjoseyx Posts: 74
    I dont care who started I just want Joffrey dead. omg his face is infuriates me!!
  • lizzzylou
    I dont care who started I just want Joffrey dead. omg his face is infuriates me!!

OMG isn't that the truth. He's the only character that I think is a complete and utter d**che. There's characters that I dislike, but nothing compares to Joffrey

mrfw9z.jpg
  • dessertlover27

That's a fair statement. I can definitely see where Ned started it. In the first season, I really liked Ned. But for being such a smart guy he did a lot of stupid things. If you suspected Jon Arryn was murdered by the Lannisters why would you be blatantly so nosy? Then, when you did find comprising information about the Lannisters, why for the love of the seven gods, would you directly confront them first about it. That's not honorable, that's ignorance.

His idea of 'honour' was what struck him down. He thought that he would be all forgiving and just let them go. But come on! This is the Lannisters we are talking about. Did he really think that they would play fair?
  • lizzzylou

His idea of 'honour' was what struck him down. He thought that he would be all forgiving and just let them go. But come on! This is the Lannisters we are talking about. Did he really think that they would play fair?

I know!!! Seriously Ned. When I watched the series I didn't get the same dislike Ned had for the Lannisters, but in the book it was very clear that he didn't like them, trust them, or want to have dealings with them. How did he think this would be different?? That Cersei would be a all like, "that's cool. You got me. See ya later." And his wife didn't help the matter, but I just wanted to yell at the tv and tell him to get it together!! haha
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member

oh don't worry. the purple wedding will happen soon enough.

oh, you haven't read the books??
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 284 Member
    It was Robert's (Barathean) fault. He should not have married Cersei:)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    What's game of thrones?
  • dessertlover27
    I don't like Catelyn Tully, too. I think she, for a large part, too caused the fall of the Starks. And the way she treated Jon Snow. Tsk tsk. Not quite a lady, are you, Lady Stark?
  • lizzzylou

oh don't worry. the purple wedding will happen soon enough.

oh, you haven't read the books??

haha I haven't read that far in the books yet, but my brain can't read fast enough for my curiosity. Therefore, google has already spoiled it for me
  • lizzzylou
    It was Robert's (Barathean) fault. He should not have married Cersei:)

True! I'm just not sure he would've been able to defeat the Lannisters army and I think he would've really torked off old man Lannister by not agreeing to marry her.

Also, Robert's downfall is that he's a terrible king, maybe even worse than Joffrey. Pretty good soldier, terrible ruler.
  • lizzzylou
    I don't like Catelyn Tully, too. I think she, for a large part, too caused the fall of the Starks. And the way she treated Jon Snow. Tsk tsk. Not quite a lady, are you, Lady Stark?

I wasn't sure if I was the only one who was really annoyed by her! She did so many stupid things. One of the main ones being releasing Jamie Lannister. I mean I like Jamie, he's actually one of my favorite characters, but dont just release your greatest power play in a war you're technically losing!!
  • lizzzylou
    What's game of thrones?

A FANTASTIC HBO series based of a book series call Song of Fire and Ice. It's a fantasy series by George RR Martin. I'm usually on the fence when it comes to most fantasy books/stories but the plot and all of the characters are brilliantly developed.
  • dessertlover27
    Wait, you mean Tyrion, right? Not Jamie.

If yes, she shouldn't have captured him in the first place. And if she couldn't control her emotions (understandable because of what she thought he did to Bran) and actually did, she should've apologise later on and actually ally with him. So stupid to piss him off.
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    lol.. i won't say what happens, but, the stark family was doomed from the get go. good things jon for though, and i'm glad. he was treated so badly by catlyn. Jeoff will get his. The thing with George Martin is don't et attatched to any one.. you'll be disapointed..lol
  • lizzzylou
    The Jamie thing happens in Season 3.

But completely agree with the Tyrion situation as well. She didn't have well thought out plan at all when she impulsively captured Tyrion. She had already made the Lannisters mad by capturing one of them, that Ned didn't stand a chance when confronting Cersei.
  • lizzzylou
    lol.. i won't say what happens, but, the stark family was doomed from the get go. good things jon for though, and i'm glad. he was treated so badly by catlyn. Jeoff will get his. The thing with George Martin is don't et attatched to any one.. you'll be disapointed..lol

oy, isn't that the truth! After the first episode I was like what, how can you have them push an innocent kid out of a tower?!? By the middle of the first season I was pretty angry at how terrible everything was turning out for my "favorite" characters haha But when I came to terms that he writes more realistically I've had a much healthier relationship with the story :smile: Not everything in life is good vs evil. People try to do what's in their and their family's best interest without regards as to whom is will negatively effect, which is pretty true.
  • dessertlover27
    I was thrown off by the fact that someone actually like Jamie, haha. Everyone pretty much hate him right from the start because of the incest. But I actually pity him and not hate him. The thing with GoT characters is that most of the time you can't put them neatly in boxes of "like" or "dislike". Except Joffrey.

Yes, don't get attached to any of them. I am afraid even Jon would not fare well. :(
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138

oy, isn't that the truth! After the first episode I was like what, how can you have them push an innocent kid out of a tower?!? By the middle of the first season I was pretty angry at how terrible everything was turning out for my "favorite" characters haha But when I came to terms that he writes more realistically I've had a much healthier relationship with the story :smile: Not everything in life is good vs evil. People try to do what's in their and their family's best interest without regards as to whom is will negatively effect, which is pretty true.
    Jon alway has been my favorite character. He's so loyal to everyone, even when people aren't so loyal to him. you'll see how it unfolds in season four. Great twists.