Game of Thrones question

Options
2»

Replies

• karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I want to see Joffrey totally GONE. Way too sadistic!
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    I was thrown off by the fact that someone actually like Jamie, haha. Everyone pretty much hate him right from the start because of the incest. But I actually pity him and not hate him. The thing with GoT characters is that most of the time you can't put them neatly in boxes of "like" or "dislike". Except Joffrey.

Yes, don't get attached to any of them. I am afraid even Jon would not fare well. :(
    just wit untill you find out who Jon really is..lolThats all i'm saying.
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    lol.. i won't say what happens, but, the stark family was doomed from the get go. good things jon for though, and i'm glad. he was treated so badly by catlyn. Jeoff will get his. The thing with George Martin is don't et attatched to any one.. you'll be disapointed..lol

oy, isn't that the truth! After the first episode I was like what, how can you have them push an innocent kid out of a tower?!? By the middle of the first season I was pretty angry at how terrible everything was turning out for my "favorite" characters haha But when I came to terms that he writes more realistically I've had a much healthier relationship with the story :smile: Not everything in life is good vs evil. People try to do what's in their and their family's best interest without regards as to whom is will negatively effect, which is pretty true.
    Jon alway has been my favorite character. He's so loyal to everyone, even when people aren't so loyal to him. you'll see how it unfolds in season four. Great twists.

I am so afraid he wouldn't make it out, too, in the very end.
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Okay. Someone probably already answered with a resounding Yes, Ned would still have gone but I am chiming in anyway.

One of the things that is lost in the television series but is more evident in the books is the Starks' driving force. Ned has a duty to his king and would serve him because that is his duty. Robb's story line in the television show is altered and, as a result, he acts out of emotion and not out of duty. A lot of fans of the books are understandably outraged as this is such an underlying and necessary drive that to undercut it by changing the story line, you lose some of the impact of the Red Wedding.

But look at any of Ned's other children and you see it, although Rickon hasn't quite had a chance to show this. Sansa's duty, to be a wife and mother, is her impetus while Arya's duty lies in revenge. Brandon seems to see his duty as following his calling, this preternatural gift he has. Each is driven by a sense of unrelenting duty and, as we know, Ned's duty led him to his death.

I've been trying not to read the books but I think I'll be reading the fourth book soon. I will say that there are a few details dropped from the second book in the television show that are, in my mind, an unfortunate choice. I understand that, for the sake of time and such, they can't include everything but there are some things that should have not been dropped and the third season was impacted as a result.
  • lizzzylou
    lizzzylou Posts: 325
    Options
    I was thrown off by the fact that someone actually like Jamie, haha. Everyone pretty much hate him right from the start because of the incest. But I actually pity him and not hate him. The thing with GoT characters is that most of the time you can't put them neatly in boxes of "like" or "dislike". Except Joffrey.

Yes, don't get attached to any of them. I am afraid even Jon would not fare well. :(

:laugh: That's true, I don't think I no anybody else that likes him, excellent point. For some reason I don't feel that he's a "true" Lannister. He's pretty chill about everything. Totally agree about the incest part thought, not cool. I now think I'm more of what you said, I pity him. In the first season I thought he was pretty annoying, but I grew to like him. And then in Season 3 when he told Brienne the story about how he got the nickname Kingslayer (which I believe he is telling the truth) my heart just completely broke for him. I then got mad at Ned for judging him haha

ETA: I dont know how Jon can't make it!! I kind of want him to become Lord of Winterfell :) The worst part about the series is that I started liking it before the books are finished so I don't have any answers yet!!
  • lizzzylou
    Options

just wit untill you find out who Jon really is..lolThats all i'm saying.

OMG who is Jon really????? I NEED to know now! :sad:
  • lizzzylou
    Options
    I want to see Joffrey totally GONE. Way too sadistic!

Aint that the truth!
  • dessertlover27
    Options
    If you really want to know:

The theory is that he's a Targaryen, or at least that was the theory. I am not quite sure about the current theory.
  • dysonspacz
    dysonspacz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    READ THE BOOKS!!!
  • lizzzylou
    Options

But look at any of Ned's other children and you see it, although Rickon hasn't quite had a chance to show this. Sansa's duty, to be a wife and mother, is her impetus while Arya's duty lies in revenge. Brandon seems to see his duty as following his calling, this preternatural gift he has. Each is driven by a sense of unrelenting duty and, as we know, Ned's duty led him to his death.

That's a really good point that I had not pick up on. That makes me even more nervous for Arya, she's way too BA :cry:

I have yet to read the second and third book yet, but now I'm intrigued by what was dropped!
  • dessertlover27
    Options

:laugh: That's true, I don't think I no anybody else that likes him, excellent point. For some reason I don't feel that he's a "true" Lannister. He's pretty chill about everything. Totally agree about the incest part thought, not cool. I now think I'm more of what you said, I pity him. In the first season I thought he was pretty annoying, but I grew to like him. And then in Season 3 when he told Brienne the story about how he got the nickname Kingslayer (which I believe he is telling the truth) my heart just completely broke for him. I then got mad at Ned for judging him haha

ETA: I dont know how Jon can't make it!! I kind of want him to become Lord of Winterfell :) The worst part about the series is that I started liking it before the books are finished so I don't have any answers yet!!

Right? I hate to be in the dark and left hanging like that. I am a have-to-know-for-sure type of gal.

As for Jamie, there are so many things about him that just make you think that he has a reason for doing so and the guilt and uncertainty are all there, too. Everyone else is like eew, Jamie, that incestuous dude, but really, he's more dimensional than just a douche.
  • lizzzylou
    Options
    If you really want to know:

The theory is that he's a Targaryen, or at least that was the theory. I am not quite sure about the current theory.

Oh my, that's really interesting! Could explain why Ned refused to talk about his mother to anybody, including Robert.
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I love/ hate this thread......... I just googled purple wedding ..... Woo xD i should stop looking at this thread........ :p
  • lizzzylou
    Options
    I love/ hate this thread......... I just googled purple wedding ..... Woo xD i should stop looking at this thread........ :p

LOL as a result I have now sufficiently googled the Jon Snow being a Targaryen ....I just can't seem to help myself :)
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options

LOL as a result I have now sufficiently googled the Jon Snow being a Targaryen ....I just can't seem to help myself :)
    wait till you see what happens with arya...lol(pouring salt in the wound)
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options

is he?...... I can't help myself either! XD ....... Not arya :(
  • lizzzylou
    Options

Ermahgerd!!! You're killing me!!