MFP doesn't work.

Options

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers is notorious for very low calorie goals.. hard to even know what amount of calories they actually gave you really..

That being said, just because your body lost weight right away one time does not mean it's going to do the same this time. But you can't just throw your hands up in the air and go "screw this".. try every angle first, there is a lot of things to consider when it comes to the human body.

yep had a friend join a few months ago. she decided to weigh everything she was eating just to see the difference,.she was only eating 800-900 calories per day on WW and she was over 350lbs. of course she isnt my friend now but thats another story.
  • bethgirl54
    bethgirl54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 57 also and weigh about the same. It is difficult to lose weight as you get older and I know how frustrated you are because I am too! On one hand I don"t want to be obsessed with my diet because I do have a life, but on the other hand I don't like being over weight. It's hard for me to lose weight even at 1200 calories per day. I've tried paleo, which I do feel really good on but I actually gained 2 pounds! Just know you're not alone :) I'm not going to quit though and I think you do have to be very patient. There is no way I can eat under 1200 calories a day...I would literally be in jail.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    bethgirl54 wrote: »
    I am 57 also and weigh about the same. It is difficult to lose weight as you get older and I know how frustrated you are because I am too! On one hand I don"t want to be obsessed with my diet because I do have a life, but on the other hand I don't like being over weight. It's hard for me to lose weight even at 1200 calories per day. I've tried paleo, which I do feel really good on but I actually gained 2 pounds! Just know you're not alone :) I'm not going to quit though and I think you do have to be very patient. There is no way I can eat under 1200 calories a day...I would literally be in jail.

weight loss is not linear some weeks you lose some you will gain for many reasons.if you are eating 1200 calories and not losing either you arent weighing everything(that low you have to be accurate),you are picking incorrect entries(or a combo of the 2) or there is a health issue at play making weight loss either slow or your BMR is lower than you think(which can happen,its rare but can happen)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    MEBaraszu wrote: »
    On WW I lost 1.5 to 2 lbs per week. Never stayed the same or gained.
    I am at 1200 calories per day
    57 year old woman
    180 lbs
    Slightly active. Walk on treadmill 4x a week.

When were you on WW?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    I am not going a calorie over. Extremely diligent. Not losing a pound in over 3 weeks. Angry I wasted time on a free program.

When you don't lose weight and you are not gaining, it basically means your on maintenance (even if the calculator suggested those numbers)...Have you tried reducing your calories by 200 and see how that goes (unless you already have a very low number. It's hard to give you an answer with just one line.

No. No no no no no. She's eating 1200 at 180lbs. She's also doing a bit of exercise. She should not be dropping calories at all (at least what she thinks she's eating. Without further clarification or diary opening, it's all supposition at this point).

Exactly. If I eat 1200 (similar stats), I'd lose 1lb per week, and that's sedentary!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I am not going a calorie over. Extremely diligent. Not losing a pound in over 3 weeks. Angry I wasted time on a free program.

I lost weight counting calories using the free MFP tools.
    Instead of being angry-
    If your weight has not changed at all then check the accuracy of your logging and make sure the entries you choose from the database are correct. Some are not. Use a food scale. Make your diary open to the public and we can give you more specific suggestions if you want them.
    It is pretty unlikely at 180 lbs that you will not lose any weight at all eating 1200 calories with exercise so you are most likely just not consuming what you think you are.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I am 52, eating 1200 calories a day, tracking beautifully....excercising regularly but pretty sedentary otherwise. For me, it's slow...10 lbs in 7 weeks. I also find that what I eat is very important...getting the majority of my calories from lean proteins, fruits and veggies is what makes the scale move the right way!
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I've lost about 5 lbs in 6 weeks so far this time around- I got lazy and gained back what I lost two years ago. But I didn't see the scale move for over 2 weeks this time. I am eating back some exercise calories. I weigh less than you to start and I'm eating more calories.

Weight loss is slow. It's not easy.
  • katoom99
    katoom99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also...be careful on ONLY counting Calories! Good weight loss, you need to increase the amount of Protein that they say. I try to get 1 g of protein for EVERY pound of body weight. THAT is HARD....but I TRY! You will find that if you increase your protein goals, cut OUT processes sugars and carbs (get carbs naturally from veggies abundantly and fruit in moderation)...you will see GREAT results! AND... the best results are slow and steady and sometimes, it is an undulating curve, but the overall linear graph is UP!