Would you kill a buffalo for food?

Options
1235»

Replies

• koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    If I needed the food and planned to use the whole animal, yes. If I just felt like I wanted a bison (buffalo) burger, no.

Waste not, want not.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    With a Lever Action 45-70 and utilize as much of the animal as I possibly could.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Heck yes, I would!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether that buffalo put tomatoes on a cheese sandwich and insisted on calling it a "grilled cheese." Then, yeah, I might have to kill him. Unless he just called it a cheese and tomato sandwich. Then we'd be cool.

Buffalo are pretty reasonable, but can get kind of lazy with their sandwich nomenclature. You gotta stay on top of that. Otherwise, anarchy.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Just to be clear, we're not talking about this guy, right?
    Mark_Ruffalo_2.jpg
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Couldn't do it... if we ran out of meat somehow, my family & I would have to learn to be vegetarian. Unless, of course, my hubs killed & cleaned it, then I would cook it up 100 different ways :smile: Does it taste gamey like lamb? If so, I still wouldn't eat it.

If you think for one second that lamb ( tender, delicious lamb) tastes gamey, you must have had mutton. Or venison.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I have killed plenty of animals for food. Why would a buffalo be any different?
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    yes, they are delicious
  • RobTheGourmet
    RobTheGourmet Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Couldn't do it... if we ran out of meat somehow, my family & I would have to learn to be vegetarian. Unless, of course, my hubs killed & cleaned it, then I would cook it up 100 different ways :smile: Does it taste gamey like lamb? If so, I still wouldn't eat it.

If you think for one second that lamb ( tender, delicious lamb) tastes gamey, you must have had mutton. Or venison.

you must have had American Lamb, as naturally raised lamb is gamey even more so when your used to US commercial meats.
    American Lamb is raised eating grain similar to US beef mixture of grains/animal by-product and misc other things it leads to a imo semi-bland meat its also larger in physical size then naturally raised.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

you must have had American Lamb, as naturally raised lamb is gamey even more so when your used to US commercial meats.
    American Lamb is raised eating grain similar to US beef mixture of grains/animal by-product and misc other things it leads to a imo semi-bland meat its also larger in physical size then naturally raised.

I've had American lamb, New Zealand lamb, grass-fed free range lamb, lamb in Egypt, and small-farm back-yard lamb in the Caribbean, and none of it was gamey.
  • nblais06
    nblais06 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I guess i would....I have buffalo in my freezer right now. And its rather tasty