Nutrisystem

Options

Replies

• crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Wonder how the OP is going to cook in a truck..........

We have a microwave

I'd skip NS and just go with frozen entrees like Lean Cuisines, Healthy Choice etc. They're pretty inexpensive (I can find them on sale frequently for under $2 each), and are a great base for veggies and protein. My go-to lunch is an entree with a bag of frozen veggies (usually California blend) and a can of chicken mixed in. All done in the microwave :)

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against meal prep services. In fact many of them allow you to tailor the macros for your meal which is ideal. However, as with all services, there is a premium attached.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I do nutrisystem, I get it delivered to my home monthly now every other month. I've done very well on it, its good, while it seems expensive, its not all that bad. You do have to make meals yourself two days a week, or not your choice. I've lost 64 lbs since Sept 2016. I did learn portion control from doing these meals. I still log and count my calories. Its not just have food delivered and not think about what your eating.
  • Arox312
    Arox312 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Birdie1952 wrote: »
    HealthierMe, I am doing NS with the shelf and frozen meals. I was on NS in 2007 and lost 40 pounds. Going through menopause, quitting smoking and ten years older............ I have gained it all back (all my fault not NS). I went back on Nutrisystem Feb 4th. The food is way better now than 10 years ago. Back then I did not have the frozen food, but even the shelf stable food is better to me. For me it is no more expensive than going to the store and buying everything that I would need for a months worth of eating. It is very convenient having it delivered. I am down 7 pounds since Feb 4th. I think that is a prefect plan for you being on the road. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Same here! I started Feb 4th and down 7 pounds.
  • meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »

I am not saying it's a bad thing, if you have the means to do so, go ahead.

so here's a challenge for you... sit down and add up every single morsel of food you purchase, every drink you buy, every single thing that goes into your mouth for one full month... willing to bet a month of Nutrisystem will be less than what you are spending. I was on Nutrisystem last year and it was a godsend for me as I did not have the time to shop and cook... this made my life easier. Lost my job in November so put the program on hold.. guess what I found out between November and February? yeah... my grocery bill was running about $100+ more a month than what I was spending on Nutrisystem. Plus I found it was just a little too convenient to toss in foods I didn't need...People assume the cost is so much but that's because the difference between grocery shopping and nutrisystem is that you have to pay for the entire months' worth of food upfront. I am not making additional trips to the store to pick up a little of this and a little of that because I ran out of something... I have all my food in front of me and no need to make excuses for a grocery run... just don't be to hasty to comment on "the means to do so" until you've done so. :wink:
  • trigden1991
    Options
    meltedsno wrote: »

so here's a challenge for you... sit down and add up every single morsel of food you purchase, every drink you buy, every single thing that goes into your mouth for one full month... willing to bet a month of Nutrisystem will be less than what you are spending. I was on Nutrisystem last year and it was a godsend for me as I did not have the time to shop and cook... this made my life easier. Lost my job in November so put the program on hold.. guess what I found out between November and February? yeah... my grocery bill was running about $100+ more a month than what I was spending on Nutrisystem. Plus I found it was just a little too convenient to toss in foods I didn't need...People assume the cost is so much but that's because the difference between grocery shopping and nutrisystem is that you have to pay for the entire months' worth of food upfront. I am not making additional trips to the store to pick up a little of this and a little of that because I ran out of something... I have all my food in front of me and no need to make excuses for a grocery run... just don't be to hasty to comment on "the means to do so" until you've done so. :wink:

You're starting to sound like you work for the company..............
  • Birdie1952
    Birdie1952 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Arox312 wrote: »
    Birdie1952 wrote: »
    HealthierMe, I am doing NS with the shelf and frozen meals. I was on NS in 2007 and lost 40 pounds. Going through menopause, quitting smoking and ten years older............ I have gained it all back (all my fault not NS). I went back on Nutrisystem Feb 4th. The food is way better now than 10 years ago. Back then I did not have the frozen food, but even the shelf stable food is better to me. For me it is no more expensive than going to the store and buying everything that I would need for a months worth of eating. It is very convenient having it delivered. I am down 7 pounds since Feb 4th. I think that is a prefect plan for you being on the road. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Same here! I started Feb 4th and down 7 pounds.

That is great. Add me as a friend if you would like. We can give each other a little encouragement.
  • Birdie1952
    Birdie1952 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

I totally agree.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a short. Of time. It got so that I was dreading opening another one of those packages. It was very unappealing food. It's expensive. In my opinion Lean Cuisines are less expensive and much tastier.
  • luveydov
    luveydov Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't use NS but I do use another pre-packaged system. The system I use has packages of food that are all around 15 to 20 grams of protein each. I tend to stick to the packages that are open and eat and supplement with the allowed vegetables, sometimes cooked, sometimes raw. For breakfast I use a premade "shake" and mix with 3 shots of Starbucks espresso for my morning caffeine and protein fix. For lunch I use some version of their chips and usually salad with olive oil for dressing. For dinner I'm on my own and usually have eggs and soy sausages or tofu with a veg. (Forgot to mention I'm a vegetarian.) And for a daily snack I go with a bar from the program. I keep a supply of different kinds of the chips and bars so I have some variety.
  • meltedsno
    Options

Nope. I have no affiliation with the program except that I am a customer. The issue I have is when people will basically snub others for their choice of diet plan without ever trying it first. I have battled weight issues all my life. At the age of 50 and an all time high of 280lbs, I made the decision to change my lifestyle and lose the weight once and for all. I did it without Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, Weightwatchers or any other diet plan. I did it on my own. However, planning my diet and exercise every day was a very time consuming activity and found I was spending way too much time dwelling on this. My thoughts were consumed by dieting 24/7. After a few years, I made a decision to use a prepackaged food plan. It is a lifesaver for me in that it freed up my time and I am able to spend my time doing the things I like to do. All I am asking is that before you make comments about the cost or the taste or anything else about this plan or any other, you might want to try them first before making comments.
  • trigden1991
    Options

Nope. I have no affiliation with the program except that I am a customer. The issue I have is when people will basically snub others for their choice of diet plan without ever trying it first. I have battled weight issues all my life. At the age of 50 and an all time high of 280lbs, I made the decision to change my lifestyle and lose the weight once and for all. I did it without Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, Weightwatchers or any other diet plan. I did it on my own. However, planning my diet and exercise every day was a very time consuming activity and found I was spending way too much time dwelling on this. My thoughts were consumed by dieting 24/7. After a few years, I made a decision to use a prepackaged food plan. It is a lifesaver for me in that it freed up my time and I am able to spend my time doing the things I like to do. All I am asking is that before you make comments about the cost or the taste or anything else about this plan or any other, you might want to try them first before making comments.

I have no argument about it. I was merely stating how your comment came across.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    @HealthierMeforlife2016 I'm not a huge fan of nutrisystem, my parents tried it and hated it, they let me try some of the food and I found it nasty and unpalatable. That being said, being a trucker you need quick easy options, so I will agree with an earlier poster and say that Evol is a pretty good frozen brand as well as Luvo. Luvo is new to the game, but their food is actually pretty good, with good portion sizes and it is all whole foods, not processed yuck like most frozen brands.
    Also, I'm sorry some people are being so rude and ridiculous on here. Good gracious people, have a heart! We are not all the same and living in a truck for now her options are limited. Geeze.
  • HUNIBUN2022
    HUNIBUN2022 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    @HealthierMeforlife2016 I'm not a huge fan of nutrisystem, my parents tried it and hated it, they let me try some of the food and I found it nasty and unpalatable. That being said, being a trucker you need quick easy options, so I will agree with an earlier poster and say that Evol is a pretty good frozen brand as well as Luvo. Luvo is new to the game, but their food is actually pretty good, with good portion sizes and it is all whole foods, not processed yuck like most frozen brands.
    Also, I'm sorry some people are being so rude and ridiculous on here. Good gracious people, have a heart! We are not all the same and living in a truck for now her options are limited. Geeze.

Thank you for understanding my situation that means alot, people act like I have a stove in here
    I have seen those in the store. I should try them.
  • meltedsno
    Options
    twinzmom172, thanks for your posting! You said what I was trying to say..it should be to each their own. I am offended when people criticize my choices without ever having tried the program on their own first... with that being said, my significant other signed up today-- he's been watching me for the last few months and decided that he's tired of trying to figure out what to make each night for dinner (we tend to eat different types of foods so have always prepared our own meals-) He joined primarily to make life easier for him at meal times... secondly to lose a few pounds. He's tested the waters a bit with my foods -- have let him taste a little here and there... interestingly enough, tho... our food selections differ haha... me-- I'm all pasta and pizza... he's meatloaf and mash potatoes! :wink: