How many pushups can u do in a row?

Options

Replies

• kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    I think my best was 80 ...with good form ...I have been incorporating them more in my workouts so that helped
  • shortgirlsneedlovetoo
    shortgirlsneedlovetoo Posts: 4,592 Member
    Options
    Probably 0 I hated them when we did them in PE
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    4 half assed
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't lift heavy weights and push ups are all I do. I did the program to get me to 100 two years ago. Now I can probably do 60 regular with good form and about 35 diamond.
  • Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I just tried again...3
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My upper body has always been weak. I'm 26 and never could complete a pushup not 1. One of my new years goals is to do 30 by the end of the year I am up to 8-10. Yay me.
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    all of dem....lol, nah about 45-50

LOL, You beat me to it!

All of them! (Drops the mic)
  • IceQueen1986
    IceQueen1986 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Why do people assume women do push ups on their knees? I don't think I've ever done them on my knees.
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I just asked my wife; she said: "dunno, let's find out."

she just did 25

.... not too bad, right?

Your wife let you do pushups...lol... you must have been a good boy:)
  • sssup
    sssup Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I can do a plank sooooo like 1/2? Yeah half. :#
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I always stop at 50. I can probably do more but I'm getting old and I say *kitten* it and want to do something else
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I managed 2 last night, but to be fair the wife was under me at the time.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I could probably do a whopping 2? 3 maybe? Nah I'll go with 2.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    I think my best was 81 in 2 minutes, to military standards. Still drives me nuts when I see people who don't lock out or go down far enough that their arms are parallel to the ground.
  • 4righteousnesssake
    4righteousnesssake Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Why do people assume women do push ups on their knees? I don't think I've ever done them on my knees.

I think it depends on your circles of influence. My sisters both do them on their knees. But I've seen a lot of women who do them on feet. Just depends on what you're exposed to, I think.
  • michaelludgate31
    michaelludgate31 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Because typically, they're less likely to push themselves and readily accept an implicit handicap aid of performing from the knees. The fact is if you can do 5 from the knee, you can do 1 good form, then it's about building on small successes. Guys on the other hand don't accept the knees (men have them to!) option and instead do a few and give up. Notice I'm drawing the distinction between gender and will, 4 points not just gender (think scatter distribution graph).

From experience, if you can do 20/30 that's good enough to show up casual gym goers who play with the toys. Invariably they'll pop out 40 crappy dippy things and look around for praise. If you go first, recover while they show off and then do 80% of the previous set inclined (feet on chair) that's generally plenty to impress. So I wouldn't say it's a good marker of fitness or strength, but they're pretty good conditioning long term.
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    I do them as a warmup ...but then after doing a chest workout I finish with them ....That can be a challenge....It's old school,but it works
  • _BrewingAZ_
    _BrewingAZ_ Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm good for about 80 to 90 percent of one.