Homemade Steak Salad (Inspired by Chipotle/Keto/Low Carb)

Options
sherrylexis
sherrylexis Posts: 50 Member
edited February 2017 in Recipes
I am on the ketogenic diet and I'd like to share my low carb steak salad inspired by chipotle. It's simple to make with a few ingredients, around 500 calories, less than 8g net carbs and high in protein and fat.

1/4 Pound of Boneless Beef Chuck Steak
100 Grams (about 6 leaves) of Romaine Lettuce
1 Italian Tomato or 100 Grams of any Tomato
1 Serving of Sour Cream
1 Serving of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
(Optional: 1/2 Avacado. I'm not a fan but it would go great with this recipe)

1. Slice and chop your steak into small peices. Then let the pieces simmer on the stove on high heat in a pan until its cooked to your liking. I usually cook it well done and that takes around 7 to 10 minutes.
2. Chop the Romaine Lettuce and Tomatoes (and avacado). Put Them Aside for now.
3. Place the lettuce on a plate then top it with your cooked steak then tomatoes and avacodo. Then add sour cream and shredded cheese.
4. Viola! It tastes great especially if you like Mexican food. Feel free to add hot sauce!

Let me know what you think!

Snapchat_533636319.jpg

Replies

• msnikkibaby1785
    msnikkibaby1785 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I always make this I add green peppers and onions also
  • sherrylexis
    Options
    I always make this I add green peppers and onions also

That sounds delicious! Are you on the keto diet too?
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    That looks and taste delicious ...I am a keto'er.....ruled.me.com......wickedstuffed.com....pinterest.com and dietdoctor.com are the websites I use often
  • sherrylexis
    Options
    That looks and taste delicious ...I am a keto'er.....ruled.me.com......wickedstuffed.com....pinterest.com and dietdoctor.com are the websites I use often

I will check those out! I usually have trouble finding a variety of keto friendly foods, so that's helpful, thank you. :)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options

I will check those out! I usually have trouble finding a variety of keto friendly foods, so that's helpful, thank you. :)

you are very welcome .....Please feel free to join this awesome group of people who are keto'er, low carbers,zero carbers etc. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    This looks fantastic! I'm not on keto anymore, but still keeping an eye on my carbs. I will definitely be trying this! Thanks for sharing! :)